Responsible for the operations, leadership and development of the branches/ department assigned. Assist with the leadership of the branch / department through fiscal and financial management; staff, membership, participants, volunteer, and board development and community relations. Ensure systems, resources; quality assurance is used per department requirements. Create department vision in alignment with Association offices leadership with YMCA mission, vision and values.
- Develop, monitor and control operating budgets.
- Recruit, train, orient, and develop staff and volunteers.
- Ensure all programs offer a quality experience for all participants.
- Provide leadership for branch/department activities including but not limited to fundraisers, partnership in youth, etc.
- Ensure program standards are developed and monitored for all programs.
- Maintain positive relations in the community and participate in civic, business, or school-related activities.
- Staff Supervision: Recruit, hire, train, and manage performance of staff. Conduct staff meetings and training sessions. Participate in the development and implementation of recruitment and retention programs. Participate in the development of recognition standards and rewards. Set performance goals, evaluate staff performance, and implement performance improvement measures as needed.
- Ensure support operations represent the YMCA in a positive manner. Ensure phones are answered messages communicated; members and customers are handled appropriately. Ensure administrative support is available for other duties that may arise.
- Build professional relationships (internally & externally).
- Ensure compliance to established procedures, policies, safety standards and housekeeping standards and regulatory agencies.
- Maintain open communication with the leadership, related staff, volunteers and participants significant others and applicable community members
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Carries out all responsibilities in an honest, ethical and professional manner.
The following are the minimum qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the duties and responsibilities of this position. Please note that the minimum qualifications may vary based upon the department size and/or geographic location.
- 10 years of experience required, expertise in the development and operations of a $3M budget program.
- Knowledge of basic accounting and business systems and personnel management practices required
- Ability to think strategically, synthesize business/financial data and develop innovative solutions.
- Excellent planning, organizing and leadership/supervisory skills.
- Excellent written, verbal and executive presentation skills.
- Proficiency in Windows/Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, etc.).
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong customer and service skills.
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures.
- Ability to be an effective member of project teams.
- Results Oriented
The YMCA of Orange County offers excellent benefits as part of our compensation package. Programs such as medical and dental insurance options are available for full-time staff. Program discounts, retirement, and complimentary use of YMCA facilities are offered to all employees.
Salary: $110,000.00 - $155,000.00