The YMCA of Lenawee County has a proud history of serving the needs of the community and our members.
Under the direction of the Executive Director and in accordance with Association policies, the Program Director is responsible for the scheduling and supervising of the Aquatics Team and Fitness Team for the YMCA of Lenawee County. This leader will lead the development and implementation of innovative curriculum and activities, supervising, guiding and developing staff to ensure that participant’s development occurs in a fun, healthy and safe environment, and ensuring program outcomes are consistently achieved.
- Lead Branch Aquatics & Fitness departments by providing direction, leadership, support, and efficiencies for team members through strategic planning, administrative standardization, registration, quality standards, and risk management according to YMCA Standards.
- Ensures that daily care of members, teens and families is a key priority by showing leadership towards staff and volunteers in accordance with the organization’s policies, mission and applicable laws.
- Hire, supervise, train and evaluate aquatic & fitness staff. Fill in for absent staff as needed. Help to secure subs as necessary.
- Prepare and conduct all in-services, trainings, and meetings.
- Perform safety checks weekly and live drills as least once per month.
- Will input and set up program schedules in computer system on a timely basis to ensure YMCA member’s ability to register as needed.
- Attend all branch weekly staff meetings.
- Accountable for payroll of the aquatics and fitness department semi-monthly.
- Coordinate the schedules, equipment monitoring and ordering.
- Coordinate, communicate and conduct special pool events to YMCA members and staff.
- Inspect the premises daily for any hazardous conditions and report any findings to the Property Manager and the Executive Director.
- Assist in development and implementation of the Branch Aquatics & Fitness program communication/marketing plan and strategies.
- Requires flexible hours to work evenings and weekends. Must work during majority of scheduled swim lesson times.
- Accountable to the Executive Director for execution of policies and procedures set forth.
- Accountable for the Budgeting Process and outcomes.
- Any other responsibilities deemed necessary by the Executive Director.
- Must be able to obtain Lifeguard, CPR, First Aid, AED and O2 certifications within 90 days of employment.
- Demonstrate proven ability to display initiative, good judgment and ability to make decisions independently.
- Able to demonstrate written and verbal communication skills; public speaking, capacity to prepare reports, and conduct in-service programs.
- Willing to possess competent computer skills in the Windows environment.
- Willing to learn the YMCA Software and continue the YMCA Leadership Model.
Salary: $28,000.00 - $33,000.00