The Hamm Memorial Psychiatric Clinic is currently seeking a community-focused psychiatrist to join our team in either the capacity of Director of Psychiatry or Lead Psychiatrist.
Hamm Clinic is a Rule 29 outpatient mental health clinic offering services to adults, couples and families in the greater Twin Cities area. A non-profit located in St. Paul, Minnesota, Hamm’s mission is to provide integrated and culturally responsive mental health assessment and treatment particularly to underserved populations and to those who cannot afford the full cost of care. As a leader in Minnesota for effective mental health care, Hamm conducts high quality research on treatment outcomes, as well as organizes much sought-after clinical training and education for residents, interns, fellows and mental health providers at large. The Clinic staff is currently comprised of sixteen health care professionals, including a psychiatrist, psychiatric nurse practitioner, psychologists, clinical social workers, a medical assistant as well as administrative staff. This position will be instrumental in providing leadership and direction for our psychiatry program. As part of the Leadership Team, this position reports to the Executive Director.
- Provides a full range of psychiatrist assignments in an adult, outpatient community mental health setting including diagnosis and assessment, consultation, medication prescription and education
- Committed to a psychotherapy oriented, anti-oppressive/anti-racist practice
- Committed to an integrated model of care within a multi-professional and collaborative environment
- Participates in the supervision of residents in training
- Attends Rule 29 weekly meetings with clinical staff and trainees in a case-consultation format
- Provides consultation to Leadership Team, clinicians and other stakeholders as needed
- Maintains current documentation and orders in electronic notes and provides reports as required
- Provides concurrent billing information for client-based care
- Participates in teaching in-service seminars and other training/educational meetings
- Develops and leads staff education in psychiatric issues
- Attends, receives, and provides consultation in triage and team meetings
- Oversees and directs nurse, MA or other psychiatry program staff
- Leads program development in psychiatry program
- Supports the activities of research and training at Hamm Clinic.
- Engages in collaborative community care, engages in outreach, and works with other agencies in support of the holistic health needs of Hamm patients
- Participates in relevant professional development
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Executive Director
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of medicine, psychiatry, and neurology
- Knowledge of current theories and practices in the field of mental health especially psychotherapy and relational models of care
- Knowledge of medications and their effects on physical and psychological disorders
- Knowledge of the organization and operation of a nonprofit community mental health clinic
- Knowledge of research methods and techniques
- Ability to diagnose and treat mental illness in relation to physical conditions
- Effectively support adults with serious and persistent mental health concerns
- Ability to prescribe appropriate medications for the treatment of psychiatric disorders
- Ability to engage effectively as a member of a multi-disciplinary team
- Ability to prepare and review diagnostic reports
- Ability to maintain electronic health records, prepare reports and correspondence related to role
- Minnesota experience will be preferred
- Previous psychotherapy training and experience
- Spanish speaking
- Chemical dependency/substance use experience
Hamm Clinic provides an attractive and comprehensive benefit package including, medical/dental, HSA, FSA, and 401k match.
Hamm Clinic is an inspiring place to work. Our model privileges a holistic and inclusive approach to care with collaborative treatment planning centering the relationship in treatment. Most psychiatric appointments are 30 minutes or more, and intakes one hour. Hamm Clinic does not offer psychiatric care to clients who are looking for medication without accessing psychotherapy services. Referrals to psychiatry come from therapists and our clients are managed by the team.
We anxiously await our new director of psychiatry / lead psychiatrist. If you feel passionate about this opportunity, please submit your resume and cover letter to [email protected].