DIRECTOR OF PROGRAM OPERATIONS
Overview of HOME WORKS!
HOME WORKS! The Family Engagement Program (HW!) actively supports and involves underserved parents and families in the education of their struggling children from Pre-K through 12. Learn more at www.teacherhomevisit.org.
The Director of Program Operations (DoPO) is a member of the management team responsible for implementing and operating the HW! Program of learning laboratories and basic program services. Working with HW! staff, schools, and districts, the DoPO uses data and feedback from data systems and stakeholders to ensure that organizational and programmatic goals are met. The goal is to be an effective, evidence-based program that results in positive outcomes for parents, families, students, schools and the community.
The Director of Program Operations needs to have a flexible schedule to accommodate school schedules which will include working some late afternoons and evenings. This position requires travel to schools in the St. Louis metro area.
- Work closely with the vision group to develop and implement the learning laboratory model(s) for next year.
- Research and analyze the programs and systems.
- Set up the structure to measure success of each model.
- Establish lower involvement program for schools not in the new model.
- Implement programs at schools.
- Maintain constant attention to organizational efficiency and opportunities for change, growth, and improvement.
- Build strong relationships between HW! and the schools we serve to monitor and promote fidelity to the program models.
- Oversee all aspects of training for the program. Occasionally accompany PLs on school visits to provide oversight, evaluation, feedback, and coaching.
- Monitor weekly metrics and advise points of concern with action plans; monitor performance metrics and key program initiatives with regular updates to the CVO/CEO.
- Ensure the integrity of HW! program implementation and operations.
- Develop standards for processes and reporting and manage program resources to achieve program goals and deliverables.
- Track program implementation at the district, school, and classroom levels to monitor implementation of and on-going adherence to the models.
- Work directly with Program Leaders (PLs) to monitor program operations and to identify and promptly address deviations from the program model, timeline, and other operational matters.
- With CEO and ED, manage and oversee internal and external evaluators.
- Carry out HR responsibilities (hiring, training, performance management, evaluation, and staff retention efforts) of the programmatic team.
- Staff the Board of Directors Program Committee.
- Master’s degree, preferred
- Leadership experience, minimum 5 years responsible for both program and personnel management
- An understanding of the role of educators and families in educating at-risk children
- Proven program leadership and management success – ability to implement and run multi-year programs with evidence of managing to outcomes
- Strong presentation and communication skills with the ability to work with a variety of stakeholder communities
- Strong skills in group and one-on-one professional engagement at all organizational levels
- Strong skills in holding people accountable
- Understanding of program fidelity, data completeness and consistency, operational transparency, and phasing in of program services
- HR management experience hiring, training, evaluating, retaining and dismissing staff
- Strong technology skills – can create effective PowerPoint presentations, Word documents, and Excel spreadsheets
- Start-up mentality, out-of-the-box thinker; ability to work in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines with minimal direct supervision
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to handle sensitive information with a high degree of integrity and confidentiality
- Curiosity about best practices in adult learning theory, parent and family engagement, and the use of technology in training
- Passion for the mission of HOME WORKS!
-Full-time, exempt, benefits
-40 hours per week
-Competitive salary commensurate with experience