About Us: Quality Schools Coalition
Quality Schools Coalition is a 501(c)4 founded on the belief that schools serve students and families most effectively when they have autonomy to make decisions locally, are held accountable to high expectations for student growth and achievement, have adequate resources to meet these high expectations, and exist within a school system with multiple high-quality school options available to all families. Our mission is to improve education in Missouri by advocating for a policy environment in which public schools flourish, and our vision is for every student in Missouri to have access to a high-quality public education.
Job Description: Communications Director
Quality Schools Coalition is looking for a Communications Director to join our team. The Communications Director will manage use of Quality Schools Coalition’s digital platforms, including the website, social media accounts, email and other dissemination tools. This person will publish and promote marketing, editorial, and fundraising content/campaigns on our website and across social media. The ideal candidate will have strong aesthetic instincts for digital layouts and publishing and an exceptional eye for detail; a keen understanding of major social media platforms’ tools and distinct uses; and a passion for digital strategy, results, and analytics.
To be successful in this role, you must be exceedingly well organized, flexible and fully supportive of the mission of Quality Schools Coalition and preferably a grass roots supporter.
- Publish a variety of digital/print/radio content with a focus on producing engaging content that is visually appealing and provides an overall rich experience for educational stakeholders.
- Manage all posting to ensure content is search- and social-optimized, measuring success of communication strategies using defined metrics.
- Leading digital execution across email, website, and social media for statewide policy initiatives and engagements.
- Develop and execute social media campaigns for key days, themes, and priority upcoming content monthly/quarterly.
- Manage social ad campaigns and other promotions; track and share results for continuous improvement to targeting and segments.
- Promote new content, key pages, and calls-to-action across channels. Position content to target different segments and to fit the format and publishing requirements of each platform
- Seeking regular opportunities for Quality Schools Coalition to engage with legislators, educational stakeholders, and other organizations on social media and curate up-to-date lists of key accounts.
- Create and update marketing materials and documents in support of fundraising, donor stewardship, and programs.
- Maintain internal calendar and assist executive team with internal communications and statewide messaging.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or related field, 5+ years previous experience in related field.
- Able to work well in a team environment, handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of best practices for writing and publishing on different platforms (especially Facebook and Instagram)
- Prior experience in educational sector and experience in building a network through communication of public education stakeholders
- Must be a strong communicator, have excellent written, presentation, oral communications and interpersonal skills.
- Must be a creative and strategic thinker with good judgment and ability to make independent decisions in a changing environment.
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills. Ability to manage time, deliverables and meet deadlines.
- Working knowledge of with various software such as WordPress; Microsoft Office (including publisher); Adobe Photoshop or/and similar platforms
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Jefferson City/STL/Remote (or elsewhere in Missouri with potential travel to Jefferson City, MO)
Compensation: Quality Schools Coalition is proud to offer a growth-oriented environment with competitive compensation and benefits program.
To apply, please submit cover letter and current resume via email to: [email protected]
Quality Schools Coalition is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, age, national origin, predisposing genetic characteristics, unemployment status or veteran’s status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.