The School Nutrition Association of Pennsylvania is looking for an Executive Director (ED) who can leverage our child nutrition expertise to deliver value-added services to expanded membership. This will draw on your ability to identify prospective needs, match them with association strengths and deliver efficient programs and services that benefit members and the organization.
The ED is responsible for leading association operations and meeting desired growth targets in membership and revenue. The ED will work with internal and external association leaders to efficiently implement the association's strategic plan, including member communications, member events, certification programs and on-line learning. The ED will draw on sales and marketing resources to design approaches that drive business results.
- Develop and implement strategies aiming to promote the association’s mission.
- Collaborate with the association president and other leaders on implementation of business plans.
- Oversee budget, monitor key financial and non-financial performance indicators.
- Work with contracted services related to finance, insurance, and any other services.
- Provide daily oversight of association operations which includes the membership database, the SNAPA website, financial reporting, mailings, promotions, weekly newsletter and bi-annual magazine.
- Project manage association events, and services which include, registering Board members for events, secure lodging, send schedules/agendas, coordinate travel plans,
- Develop, maintain positive working relationships with Board members, experts in the field, and key members, and business and industry partners.
- Lead event committees and serve as the association spokesperson at events, travel to events several times a year.
- 5+ years of experience as leader of a professional membership or non-profit association, ideally with membership of at least 1,500.
- Strong leadership, organization abilities.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Advanced computer skills.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing plans to attain desired result.
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and public speaking skills.
- Strong understanding of measures of performance, financial and membership,
- Knowledge of association management system, best practices in using member data to support efficient operations.