Responsible for growing membership sales and retention through proactive engagement of future and current members.
Under the supervision of the Membership Director, the Membership Navigator is responsible for growing membership sales and retention through proactive engagement of future and current members.
- Responsible for meeting or exceeding monthly membership unit and revenue goals for the branch through prospecting, setting appointments, conducting tours and closing sales of new prospects.
- Provide excellent service to members, guests, and program participants through customer-focused attitude, timely responses to phone calls, emails and walk in prospects in an effort to increase membership sales and retention.
- Responsible for consistently and accurately updating CRM system with prospects, appointments, tours, sales and following up on tasks on a daily basis.
- Responsible for developing individual monthly sales plan, approved by Membership Director, to achieve unit sales and revenue goals, including developing prospect lists, actively following up on leads and unsold prospects, and reaching out to prospects within the community.
- Actively work with Membership Director to identify targeted markets/prospects and develop initiatives (promotions/events) on a monthly basis to increase membership.
- Responsible for reducing membership terminations through active member engagement practices within the first 120 days of membership and then through targeted loyalty communication initiatives.
- Meet “I Give” campaign goal, through member/donor engagement.
- Responsible for scheduling the free Wellness Consultation with every new member.
- Proactively engages members in activities and programs based on their particular interests, through strong knowledge of YMCA programs, policies, and procedures.
- Working with the Welcome Center Supervisor/Coordinator, ensures the quality of service for members is seamless and membership updates are communicated to members effectively.
- Working with the Welcome Center Supervisor/Coordinator, handles and resolves membership concerns and performs exit interviews on all terminating units, noting in system reason for termination.
- Works with department heads to help facilitate member engagement in programs.
- Goal-oriented, ambitious, self-starter with drive to reach or exceed sales quotas.
- Demonstrated cold calling sales ability, with assertive, positive and persistent style.
- Proven customer service and relationship-building skills
- Organized with effective time management skills.
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Certifications required within 30 days of hire: CPR/AED, and First Aid.
- Minimum of 2 years with proven proficiency in selling and presentation skills as well as prospecting skills.
- Experience working on and exceeding sales quotas.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, consistently follow designed processes and achieve targeted objectives.
- Capacity to work under pressure.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
- Excellent personal computer skills and experience with standard business software including CRM systems.
- Strong work ethic.
- Committed to building a career path.
Hourly: $14.06 - $21.09