The Desert Chorale is in search of a people-oriented problem-solver, who leverages their interpersonal, leadership, and technical skills to facilitate an exceptional patron experience. In this role, you’ll use your top-notch communication skills to describe our programming in vivid detail to prospective ticket buyers and lead our dedicated staff and volunteers in welcoming and seating audiences at concerts. You’ll become an expert on our CRM platform and be the point person for ticket and donation processing, as well as pulling insightful reports. This role has significant interaction with all members of staff and some supervisory responsibilities over the Operations Assistant, who assists with box office functions.
Responsibilities and Outcomes: In this role, you will
- Own all aspects of customer relationship management system (CRM), ensuring optimal backend setup of events, as well as complete and accurate patron contact and transaction records
- As the primary box office contact, set the tone for a positive patron experience through deep understanding and utilization of CRM platform and friendly, solutions-oriented customer service over the phone, via electronic communication, and in person
- Manage onsite mobile box office and front of house operations to facilitate efficient, smooth patron entry and seating at all ticketed events
- Lead and grow the Desert Chorale’s Ambassador program (volunteer corps), who serve as ushers at ticketed events and assist throughout the year with administrative and development projects
- Ensure internal and public-facing calendars are complete and accurate for all ticketed events
- Prepare sales and other financial reports for internal review, licensing reporting, and accounting purposes
- Coordinate box office-related trainings for staff and volunteers throughout the year and lead pre-concert orientation meetings for front of house staff
Systems: All Desert Chorale employees interface with the following platforms
- GMail, Google calendar, G-Suite (Docs, Sheets, etc.)
- Monday.com project and task management platform
- PatronManager CRM (customer relationship management)
Desired Attributes: Qualities we think will make you most successful in this role
- Personable and able to build and maintain relationships with various and diverse constituents
- Resourceful and adept at proactively identifying and analyzing problems
- Strong sense of integrity and discretion in handling confidential or sensitive information
- Professionalism, punctuality, and positive representation of the Chorale in all job functions
- Solutions-oriented and able maintain composure under pressure and inspire calm in others
- Interest in promoting the performing arts, and in particular choral music
Required Job Skills: On “Day One”, we expect you to demonstrate
- Strong customer service skills
- Exceptional attention to detail, organization, and time management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of G Suite, especially Google Docs and Google Sheets
- Facility in learning and becoming expert with new software; experience with PatronManager/Salesforce and/or Monday.com is a plus
Education and Qualifications: Your experience matters, but we also know you are more than a degree and a resumé
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited institution preferred
- Prior experience of 2 years+ in performing arts, events, box office, or other closely related position/field preferred
- Ability to drive a motor vehicle with valid drivers’ license and move up to 30 pounds (up to 10 pounds frequently)
- In-person work and New Mexico residency is required. Relocation expenses up to $2,000 are reimbursable.
- $45,000-$50,000/year, commensurate with experience (full-time, exempt)
- Health benefits, including vision and dental, as well as disability insurance, with all premiums paid by Desert Chorale
- 15 vacation days, 8 sick days, plus 10 federal holidays and December 24-31 (8 days) off annually
- SIMPLE IRA plan matched at 3% (available following one year of employment)
To apply: submit a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to [email protected]. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
What to expect
Now in our 41st season, the Santa Fe Desert Chorale is one of the top professional choirs in the country, producing a summer festival in July/early August and a winter season in December as well as ad hoc events throughout the year. During peak seasons, the Box Office Manager will work evening and weekend events in addition to daytime office hours. The Desert Chorale is committed to facilitating a reasonable work-life balance, and particularly during non-peak times of the year, more flexibility in scheduling and occasional remote work are possible.
Our team prides itself on supporting one another, working collaboratively, and maintaining open lines of communication. This is a place to learn and grow, and each employee is allocated a budget for professional development.
- M-F, 40 hours/week (except for concert seasons)
- Evening/weekend hours will be required during concert seasons, as well as throughout the year for special events
The Santa Fe Desert Chorale is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Hiring decisions are based on business need, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or family status, disability, veteran status, or other non-merit factor. As we grow, we maintain a commitment to cultivate an inclusive and equitable workplace, where diversity is celebrated and valued.