The Lifeguard monitors the pool area, providing a safe experience for members, participants, volunteers, and staff.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Lift equipment and a small- to average-size child.
- Remain in the pool area at all times.
- Remain alert, with no lapses of consciousness, in a warm environment with air temperatures of 80 degrees or higher.
- Adequate ability to hear noises and distinguish distress signals.
- Ability to continuously scan all areas of the pool with clear vision.
- Support child or adult body weight in the water.
- Remain in water ranging from 80--90 degrees for one to four hours.
- Communicate verbally, including projecting voice across distance, in normal and loud situations.
- Basic life support or professional rescuer CPR/AED, first aid, and emergency oxygen administration certifications and child abuse prevention training within 30 days of hire date
- YMCA Lifeguard certification or approved lifeguard certification
- Patience and the ability to effectively communicate
How to Apply:
Jun 1 2019
Jul 1 2019
YMCA of the USA