The Finance Manager is responsible for processing accounts payable and accounts receivable, coding all entries and reconciliations as necessary, cash management, compliance filings and other duties.
Finance Manager for Small, Non-Profit Dance School/Company
**On-site and Remote (variation) work / Flexible schedule**
The Finance Manager is responsible for processing accounts payable and accounts receivable, coding all entries and reconciliations as necessary, cash management, compliance filings and other duties. Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Open mail and emails
- Enter/scan checks and bills in QuickBooks
- Email weekly check run for approval
- Deposit checks with Bank of America remote deposit scanner
- Pay bills with Bank of America online bill pay.
- Code VBO/Stripe/Square transactions in Quickbooks
- Operations meeting with staff
- Process payroll run in Gusto
- Process timesheet approvals/ audit versus scheduled hours
- Monthly Bank reconciliation.
- Tuition/scholarship, accounts receivable and liabilities reconciliation
- Process, code and manage Divvy corporate credit cards
- Obtaining supporting receipts for credit card purchases
- Create and email finance committee package of Budget vs. Actuals, Statement of Financial Position, Cashflow forecast and student enrollment report
- Quarterly Sales and Use Tax report payments and report filing.
- Claim for Welfare Exemption
- 571L business property tax reporting.
- 1099 statutory reporting
- Budgeting process with Artistic Director and Treasurer
- Assist in the annual preparation of tax return organizer with outside CPA
- Set up new vendors as needed by requesting W9 form from each new vendor.
- Manage Fixed Assets accounting
- Setup projects in Quickbooks to allocate grants to, acquit and run reports for.
- Process petty cash payments and reconciliation.
- Onboarding new staff in Gusto
- Research and solve payment and vendor discrepancies, process refunds or stop payments
- Respond to compliance issues from EDD, Census etc.
- Assist with special projects as requested by management or the board
- 5+ years of hands on, full cycle accounts payable and expense report processing, including corporate credit cards
- Strong working knowledge of non-profit accounting practices and GAAP
- Excellent analytical skills, attention to detail and strong organization skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, ability to interact across all levels of management and interface with vendors in a clear and professional manner
- Strong Excel skills, conveying results concisely and clearly
- Proficient in Excel, Google Suite (Gmail, Google Docs, Google Sheets), QuickBooks, Bank of America remote deposit/online bill pay, California Department of Fee and Tax Administration
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize multiple assignments.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment; capability of effective planning and priority setting; ability to manage several projects simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of staff with tact, sensitivity and professionalism.
- Ability to maintain a work environment using proper judgment, problems solving skills and conflict resolution methods to make decisions.
- Ability to exercise discretion and diplomacy when dealing with confidential and sensitive matters.
- Ability to work with limited supervision and make sound independent decisions.
$65,000 - $85,000 based on experience level of applicant
Medical insurance and paid sick leave