Homebase seeks an experienced Research and Program Evaluation Manager to join our passionate and growing team. Both full- and part-time applicants will be considered for this position, and a remote work arrangement is negotiable. The base salary range is $85,000 – 115,000, depending on experience, and includes a comprehensive benefits package.
Homebase is a public interest nonprofit dedicated to the social problem of homelessness. Our mission is to end homelessness, prevent its recurrence, and decrease its effect on communities. For over 30 years, we have worked at the local, state, and national levels to support communities in designing systems and implementing responses to homelessness while fostering collaboration and collective impact in addressing its political and economic causes.
The Research and Program Evaluation Manager would be responsible for utilizing quantitative and qualitative approaches to analyze data, design research, and implement evaluation processes to assess and build community capacity to respond to homelessness across California and nationally. The position includes close collaboration with our team of policy analysts and staff attorneys to support communities across the country in building and strengthening effective programs and systems to address homelessness, housing and poverty.
- Designing and implementing program and system evaluations, gaps analyses, needs assessments, models and forecasts to support communities in using resources as effectively as possible to address homelessness.
- Conducting qualitative and quantitative analyses of emerging and promising practices to develop an evidence base for effective approaches and best practices.
- Guiding development of data-driven systems to measure performance, evaluate outcomes, identify cross-system usage trends, and support policy solutions to address homelessness.
- Facilitating analysis and integration of data across social sectors, systems and jurisdictions to strengthen service provision and outcomes.
- Developing written reports, trainings, and presentations for diverse audiences to support programs and systems in understanding and leveraging their data to strengthen effectiveness and monitor performance.
- Creating high-quality written, visual, data-informed tools for local and national audiences, including curricula, manuals, user guides, funding proposals, and other training and resource materials.
- Managing a dynamic array of projects and clients with our collaborative team of homeless and supportive housing experts.
Successful candidates must possess:
- 5+ years of experience leading research/evaluations of public policy programs, including data management, analysis, and report production.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analysis skills, with an expertise in statistical analyses used in social policy research and program evaluation. Experience with evaluating homelessness or anti-poverty programs strongly preferred.
- Expertise with statistical software package required (SPSS, STATA or other software will be considered).
- Extensive experience with data visualization, including with Tableau, and development of analytics reports for diverse audiences.
- Experience collecting and analyzing datasets from social service systems, including personal identifiable information, and associated privacy restrictions.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written), including strong public speaking skills, and strong analytical capabilities and enthusiasm for breaking down and explaining complex ideas.
- Ability to succeed in a warm and supportive team-based environment and cultivate collaborative partnerships.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple ongoing projects under strict deadlines.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, flexibility and willingness to travel.
HomeBase prefers candidates with:
- Demonstrated commitment to the public interest and passion for addressing homelessness and poverty.
- A PhD or Master’s degree in Public Administration, Public Policy, Public Health or related field; equivalent experience also accepted.
- Experience with Homeless Management Information Systems (HMIS) and issues related to homelessness or housing is a plus, but not required.
The base salary range is $85,000 – 115,000, depending on experience, and includes a comprehensive benefits package.
Please email cover letter, resume, and at least three references to [email protected].