Location: San Francisco, CA
Program Area: Technology Working Group
KFF (The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation), a nonprofit organization, is the nation’s leading health policy organization, dedicated to filling the need for trusted information on national health issues. KFF serves as a nonpartisan source of facts, information, and analysis for policymakers, the media, the health care community, and the public.
KFF is seeking a Technology Associate for its Technology Working Group (TWG). The TWG provides Help Desk and technical support to KFF’s various departments. This entry level position will be involved in providing general support of all technology issues, including the deployment of hardware and software resources, assisting staff with various IT needs, as well as possible system and network administration project work.
This position provides an opportunity to work on a wide variety of technologies including laptops, desktops, printers, mobile devices, A/V, wireless, and network/server equipment as well as cloud platforms and other SaaS providers. The Technology Associate will gain practical work experience troubleshooting and resolving computer issues, expand their knowledge of a range of software programs, and deepen their understanding of how corporate network environments work.
This full-time position will be based in KFF’s San Francisco, CA headquarters at China Basin. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications and includes an excellent benefits package.
Minimum Required Expertise and Qualifications:
- High interest and familiarity with computers and technology;
- Set up, diagnose, and resolve staff computer and network related issues;
- Proficiency with Microsoft, Apple and Adobe products as well as current modern web browsers;
- Some familiarity with basic networking (e.g. TCP/IP, DNS);
- Ability to lift 50 lbs;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Tact, discretion, and good self-expression with the ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships with internal staff; and
- Excellent team player and contributor.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience with mobile devices (e.g. Apple, Android, Tablets, etc);
- Experience with cloud based services, O365, Google, Zoom, etc;
- Experience with Cisco Networking and Cisco Unity telephony; and
- Experience with Windows Server 2008R2-2016R2 Hyper-V, Active Directory, Azure and O365.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position please submit the following as separate attachments to [email protected] labeling your documents “Last Name_First Name_Document Title” and including “Technology Associate” in the email subject:
- Cover letter
KFF has an efficient applicant review process and will contact candidates who have applied for this position and whose qualifications most closely fit the criteria for the job. No phone inquiries please.
It is the policy of KFF to actively promote a diverse and inclusive workplace in every respect, and to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees in every phase of employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, political affiliation, arrest or conviction records, or other categories protected under the law.