Callisto is a San Francisco-based nonprofit organization that creates technology to combat sexual assault, empower survivors, and advance justice. Specifically, we create websites that make it easier for sexual assault survivors to report and name their assailant and enable the detection of repeat sexual offenders.
We are a rapidly growing and powerful team, united in the belief that we can create a more safe and just world.
About the Position:
Callisto is seeking a full-time recruiter to identify and hire top technical and non-technical talent for our growing organization. The recruiter will establish strong relationships with all team members to understand hiring needs and search requirements in order to effectively source and match candidates to roles in which they will be most successful. Ideally you are a self-starter, creative, highly detail-oriented, and passionate about Callisto’s mission.
- Work closely with hiring managers to deeply understand our roles, write captivating job descriptions, and build a clear, concise pitch for candidates
- Develop a sourcing strategy, leveraging basic sourcing tools and out-of-the-box techniques to generate a pipeline of qualified, diverse candidates
- Evaluate all candidates (review resumes & conduct initial phone screens) and provide top recommendations to hiring managers
- Guide candidates through an efficient, engaging, and high-touch hiring process from application stage to offer
- Schedule and coordinate all candidate phone and on-site interviews
- Communicate effectively with interviewing teams to ensure preparedness; provide interview guidance and coaching when needed and facilitate hiring debriefs
- Track, analyze, and report on recruiting data and analytics in order to help drive decision making
- Provide feedback and recommendations to enhance day-to-day recruiting operations
- Cultivate a talent pipeline for future role openings at Callisto
Essential Skills and Experience
- 3+ years managing full-cycle recruiting processes
- Successful track record for identifying and hiring top technical and non-technical talent
- Knowledge of applicant tracking systems; prior experience with Lever a plus
- Positive and team-player attitude
- Able to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a comfortability in cold calling and emailing candidates
- Strong interpersonal skills with a customer service orientation
- Ability to build relationships with hiring managers at all levels
- Ability to multi-task and work independently with minimal guidance
- Experience in startup or high growth environments with a strong competitive market awareness a plus
What to Expect at Callisto:
We bring the best of many different industries together, including engineers, designers, educators, and legal experts. We've crafted a culture that balances ambitious world change with team sustainability and self-care. We are thoughtful, rigorous, inclusive, humble, kind, direct, creative, agile, entrepreneurial, and mission-driven. We don't take ourselves too seriously, but take the work very seriously. And amazingly, despite the sobering realities of the problem we're trying to solve, we have a ton of fun. We identify and solve problems as a team of experts, working together to bring about our vision for the world.
Callisto offers competitive salaries, a 401k, paid leave, and medical, dental, and vision insurance. Members of the Callisto team receive a generous professional development budget. Callisto has a flexible work-from-home policy and work hours, letting you work where and when you can perform at your best.
Our Mission & Vision
Our vision is a world where sexual assault is rare and survivors are supported. Our mission is to create technology that combats sexual assault, supports survivors, and advances justice.
Callisto is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.