We are seeking an enthusiastic and experienced program manager who is passionate about our mission to bring volunteers and communities together to improve the homes and lives of low-income homeowners. The Program Manager should be comfortable working with 5 other staff members and hundreds of volunteers in a team-driven environment. It is critical that the Program Manager lead by example, be detail oriented and an effective problem-solver while maintaining flexibility and a positive attitude to keep volunteers, vendors, and staff engaged in keeping projects on track. The Program Manager should be a mature, self-aware, high-energy leader with the ability to learn and make decisions quickly and to anticipate and perform next steps effectively.
Specifically, the Program Manager will be responsible for management and coordination of our National Rebuilding Day, Team Builds, and Rebuild My Block events. This includes coordinating support for roughly 20 concurrent National Rebuilding Day (NRD) renovation projects annually from February-May, with planning for those projects beginning in September of the prior year. Between July-October, the Program Manager will lead Team Build projects for corporate sponsors to assist with repairs for low-income homeowners and community facilities. In the fall, our Rebuild My Block event engages neighbors and Rebuilding Together SF volunteers in home, sidewalk, and community space improvements in a concentrated neighborhood area.
This person will work with a variety of populations including seniors, individuals with disabilities, multigenerational families, volunteers, vendors, sponsors, and donors. This is a full-time, exempt position based in San Francisco, and reports to the Program Director
- Provide Program Director with regular updates of program activities
- Help evaluate program impact and effectiveness
- Collaborate and share ideas with other RT affiliates, service providers, etc.
Overall Program Management (20%)
- Responsible for overall coordination and success of Rebuilding Day, Team Build and Rebuild My Block repair projects.
- With Program Director, select appropriate projects based on detailed site review, qualifications, mission, volunteer capacity, and financial resources.
- Encourage on-site and warehouse safety for volunteers, staff, and clients, including proper training, tools, and other resources
- Oversee and ensure complete documentation and tracking in files, database, and online systems.
- Nurture relationships with vendors for donations, discounts, and purchase of materials and labor to complete renovation projects
- Manage in-kind donor information on projects; work with development staff to oversee in-kind donation tracking and acknowledgments
Event Days Management (40%)
- Review client applications and conduct home assessments to determine eligibility for repair services.
- Recommend project budgets and scopes of work
- Coordinate with Captains, volunteers, vendors, and other staff to ensure: (1) projects are on track; (2) they have the necessary information, materials, supplies, and labor to complete projects; and (3) the necessary documentation is completed
- When needed, serve as project lead to manage and complete the project.
- Organize homeowner orientations and relationship building
- Facilitate communication between the facility representative and/or maintenance staff and construction captain.
- Serve as a resource to troubleshoot and aid volunteers in planning scopes of work and technically challenging installations, and be available for visit sites.
- Coordinate trash removal and recycling, as well as other green practices, and specialty vendor process (i.e. porta-potties, debris boxes).
Volunteer/Sponsor/Client Management (20%)
- With Outreach and Volunteer Manager, recruit a regular pool of year-round skilled volunteers
- Facilitate open communication between volunteers, clients, vendors and city contacts
- Assist with corresponding to and acknowledging volunteers, donors and sponsors
- Continue to make volunteer work meaningful, hands-on, simple and efficient
- Celebrate the work of volunteers and sponsors
Public Relations, Outreach and Development (10%)
- Support the organization and increase community awareness of RTSF through presentations and meetings with current and potential referral organizations, suppliers, skilled labor, community organizations, and city agencies
- Assist in the development of stories for public relations avenues
- Work with Development staff to prepare information for grant requests and grant reports, specifically Home Modifications requests, including scopes of work, completed work, homeowner profiles, and final budgets
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Understanding of and commitment to RTSF mission and values.
- Excellent communication skills including public speaking, and meeting facilitation.
- Ability to effectively represent Rebuilding Together San Francisco and its programs and clients among diverse stakeholders in the community.
- Impeccable organizational and project management skills, with the ability to see and convey big picture with significant attention to detail and follow-through, ability to work on multiple tasks in a growing and changing environment
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable, and maintain professional decorum under stress (with humor)
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment and desire to work with volunteers who provide and need varying levels of support
- 3 years of project and/or volunteer management as an individual or within a larger organization
- Effectively utilize information technology, social media, and basic office software including MS Office 365. Familiarity with Salesforce databases a plus.
- Valid CA driver’s license and willingness to drive.
- Pass a background check and fingerprinting.
- Work occasional nights and weekends throughout the year, particularly in preparation for National Rebuilding Day (February-April) and Team Build projects.
Though not required, the following are helpful skills and experience for the position:
- Basic understanding of construction
- Bilingual in English & Spanish, other languages a plus
- Knowledge of our service area, specifically the neighborhoods of San Francisco.
The successful candidate will receive compensation commensurate with experience. This full-time position offers health, dental and vision insurance (RTSF pays 100% of premiums), 3 weeks of vacation plus an additional week between Christmas Day and New Year’s Day, 403(b) plan with employer match after one year of full time employment, flexible work schedule, pre-tax commuter and FSA plan, and other benefits. Learn more about us at www.rebuildingtogethersf.org
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Rebuilding Together will provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, disability, religion, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, ancestry, political belief or activity, or status as a veteran.