GreenLight Fund seeks an energetic, organized and talented National Program Associate to support programmatic strategy and operations for GreenLight’s growing national network of sites. The National Program Associate will lead and support a diverse array of activities, ranging from research and diligence on key issues and prospective portfolio organizations to launching GreenLight’s new performance management system and contributing to strategic communications. The National Program Associate will report to the National Portfolio Director (who is based in the San Francisco Bay Area) and will work collaboratively across the GreenLight Fund national network.
- Strong preference for position to be based in the San Francisco Bay Area; however, consideration will be given to candidates who would be based in one of GreenLight Fund’s other sites (current or future): Atlanta, Boston, Charlotte, Cincinnati, Detroit, Kansas City, Philadelphia or Twin Cities, MN.
Performance & Portfolio Management System Support
- Administer GreenLight’s new performance management system, including communicating with grantees and site teams around required data reporting, importing data, and developing national and site-level portfolio dashboards and reports;
- Support national and site-level staff with training, onboarding and ongoing use of performance management system;
- Assist with national and site-level research analytics and projects;
- Maintain portfolio calendaring for biweekly portfolio calls, portfolio organization data reports;
- Maintain and update Program Resource Library on Box; and
- Maintain and update Diligence Hub (currently in Salesforce, but will be migrating to new performance management system).
Communications and Investor Development
- Contribute regularly to GreenLight Fund’s blog, Twitter account, and e-newsletter;
- Assist with the development of GreenLight’s Annual Portfolio Report; and
- Assist with national and site-level grant proposals, as needed.
Research and Diligence
- Support sites with research on current, relevant issues and priorities among low-income communities;
- Support sites with diligence on prospective portfolio organizations, including financial analysis and evaluation report analysis; and
- Conduct broader research on field trends, as needed.
Administration and Support
- Lead planning and management of National Portfolio summer interns/fellows and projects;
- Assist in preparing content and materials for biweekly portfolio calls, biannual all staff meetings, biannual leadership team meetings and quarterly GreenLight Board meetings;
- Perform data entry, including contact and file management; and
- Support local sites, as needed.
- Minimum of three years of experience with increasing levels of responsibility;
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred;
- A deep commitment to improving the lives of children, youth and families in poverty and an understanding of urban issues facing low-income communities;
- Outstanding research, writing and communication skills;
- Experience using Performance Management platform, CRM databases (e.g. Salesforce) and Microsoft Excel;
- Willingness to quickly learn and analyze new information;
- Ability to take initiative and think creatively;
- Flexibility, humor and a passion for GreenLight’s mission
Please submit a resume and thoughtful cover letter, outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position and stating how you heard about this opportunity, as pdf attachments, addressed to Casey Johnson, GreenLight Fund National Portfolio Director to the link below:
Applications received by June 7th will be reviewed first. All other applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. GreenLight Fund offers a competitive salary and benefits, commensurate with experience and skills.
GreenLight Fund is committed to fostering diversity, equity, and inclusion at every level of the organization. GreenLight Fund recognizes and appreciates the value of building a diverse workforce and creating an inclusive work environment. GreenLight Fund takes pride in being an equal opportunity employer regardless of age, ethnicity, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national or ethnic origin, physical or mental ability, race, region, sexual orientation or veteran status.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected].