NRDC is seeking two (2) summer interns to work with the E2 team in the San Francisco office. As part of E2’s focus on promoting and increasing diversity in the clean energy industry, we encourage all to apply, especially those candidates from diverse backgrounds that are often underrepresented in the clean energy sector.
Interns will work with E2 staff in CA, CO, NY and DC to develop, execute and support initiatives to advance current clean energy initiatives and policies in their regions. They will also help expand and amplify business voices in support of these efforts.
These full-time, paid internships will run for 10 weeks from June 3, 2019 - August 9, 2019. The intern supporting the CA team may have the option of a later start/end date in order to allow him/her to participate in a late August advocacy trip to Sacramento.
San Francisco Office Interns: We are seeking two interns for the SF office: one intern will work with our CA and CO E2 team while the second intern will work with our E2 NY and DC teams.
- One intern will work with E2 staff to support the priorities of E2’s California and Colorado chapters. The position includes researching and creating district level clean jobs factsheets for CA, CO and NV, identifying clean energy businesses and positive stories throughout the western states and supporting advocacy efforts, partnership engagement and events development. Additionally, the intern will have the opportunity to help with communications efforts focused on policy priorities, with a potential focus on grid modernization/regionalization. *Start and end dates may change by a week or so to allow intern to take part in advocacy efforts during the summer legislative session.
- One intern will work with E2 staff to support the priorities of E2’s Northeast chapters and our federal advocacy and communications team in Washington D.C. The position will include researching and developing clean energy jobs data; supporting membership outreach; and developing events for the NY, MA and PA chapters. For our D.C. team, the intern will conduct research on clean energy/transportation policies with an emphasis on identifying potential economic and jobs messaging and help with targeted outreach to members of Congress and staff. The intern will also assist with federal and state communication efforts.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Coordinate communications with E2 members in the region through email updates, newsletter articles and social media;
- Assist E2 staff with various research and projects;
- Assist with E2 membership data management;
- Some travel may be required.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills;
- Ability to work a fast-paced environment with the capability to handle multiple tasks, work well under pressure and be detail-oriented;
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team;
- Strong interest in environmental protection/conservation, advocacy and enthusiasm for NRDC and E2’s mission;
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint);