GreenLight Fund is a national nonprofit with a local focus that partners with communities to create opportunities for inclusive prosperity.
Each year we facilitate a community-driven process that matches the local needs of individuals and families not met by existing programs, to organizations with track records of success elsewhere. Working with communities, we identify, invite in and launch proven organizations, providing collaborative support so they can quickly take root and deliver change.
Everything we do is designed to remove barriers to inclusive prosperity all too often rooted in racial inequities. Our impact increases exponentially as we address one specific, community-identified need each year, in each GreenLight site.
Since 2004, we have launched 44 portfolio organizations across eleven sites, invested $30.5M, and attracted an additional $206M from other funding sources, reaching more than 550,000 individuals and families last year alone.
To learn more about the GreenLight Fund, please visit https://greenlightfund.org
GreenLight Fund Bay Area
GreenLight launched in the Bay Area in 2012 and since then has brought seven innovative nonprofit organizations to the community which are now serving over 45,000 people annually. The Bay Area portfolio includes Genesys Works, uAspire, Springboard Collaborative, Blueprint Math Fellows, ParentChild+, Food Connect and EveryoneOn.
We seek a driven, highly organized, and detail-oriented Coordinator with a passion for equity and addressing economic mobility for historically under-resourced communities in the greater Bay area. This position will report to the Senior Executive Director of GreenLight Fund Bay Area, and work collaboratively across the local team as well as the GreenLight Fund national network of sites.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Maintain internal management, data and reporting systems (experience with Salesforce, Apricot and Box is a plus, but not required) including:
- Manage GreenLight Bay Area’s diligence database in Apricot; prepare and export reports on portfolio organizations as needed.
- Update GreenLight Fund Bay Area’s website pages and contribute to blog postings
- Maintain GreenLight Bay Area’s stakeholder investor database in Salesforce, including entering meeting information and notes.
- Support Greenlight’s investment selection cycle process through:
- Researching current, relevant Bay Area social issues and priorities facing historically underserved children, youth and families with barriers to social and economic mobility.
- Supporting preparation of presentations and supporting materials for all Selection Advisory Council meetings.
- Coordinating logistics of Selection Advisory Council meetings
- Support planning and execution of annual launch events, showcasing our newest portfolio organization and impact.
- Maintain and contribute regularly to GreenLight Fund Bay Area’s social media (twitter), and quarterly e-newsletters via Mailchimp.
- Support on grant proposal/report writing as necessary.
- Assist with scheduling and logistics of key meetings and site visits and travel.
- Track and manage local expense reimbursements and payments.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Minimum of 1 to 4 years of related experience.
This position is based in GreenLight Fund Bay Area.
Compensation and Benefits
The salary for this position is $54,000.
GreenLight Fund offers a generous benefits package that includes:
- Health Insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield (80% paid by GLF, 20% by the employee for employees and family members)
- Dental and Vision Insurance through Guardian (80% paid by GLF, 20% by the employee for employees and family members)
- Full coverage of all mental health visit copays through Blue Cross Blue Shield (100% paid by GLF)
- Safe Harbor 401k. GLF will match 100% of the first 3% of salary and 50% of the next 2%
- Short and Long-term disability and Life insurance fully paid by GreenLight Fund
- 10 company-wide holiday closings and 3 floating holidays
- The week between Christmas Day and New Year's Day off
- Up to 12 sick days (6 days in your first year, if you start after July 1st)
- Up to 2 personal days (1 day in your first year, if you start after July 1st)
- COVID-19 Benefits
- Vacation Days: 15 days in years 1-3, 20 days in years 4-5, and 25 days in year 6 and beyond
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave for birth parents, 6 weeks of paid parental leave for non-birth parents
- Up to $75 per month of cell phone reimbursement
- Up to $100 per month of WiFi reimbursement
- Up to $1,500 per year for professional development
- Access to Holisticly (40 Holisticly Credits per Month)
GreenLight Fund is committed to fostering diversity, equity and inclusion at every level of the organization. GreenLight Fund recognizes and appreciates the value of building a diverse workforce and creating an inclusive work environment. GreenLight Fund takes pride in being an equal opportunity employer regardless of age, ethnicity, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national or ethnic origin, physical or mental ability, race, region, sexual orientation or veteran status.
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected]
To learn more and apply please use the link below.