HomeBase seeks a full-time Policy Analyst or Staff Attorney to join our passionate and growing San Francisco-based team.
HomeBase is a public interest nonprofit dedicated to the social problem of homelessness. Our mission is to end homelessness, prevent its recurrence, and decrease its effect on communities. We work at the local, state and national levels to support communities in designing systems and implementing responses to homelessness while fostering collaboration and collective impact in addressing its political and economic causes.
- Supporting implementation of federal, state, and local programs in California and nationally, to address homelessness, housing, and poverty.
- Identifying gaps and assessing the needs of the homeless response system and providing tailored content and processes to build the capacity of community-based organizations.
- Guiding implementation of data-driven systems to measure performance, evaluate outcomes, identify cross-system usage trends, and develop policy solutions to address homelessness.
- Training key stakeholders about best practices, program models, and regulations to educate and inform local decision-making processes.
- Facilitating community-based strategic planning processes and engaging key stakeholders in efforts to prevent and end homelessness.
- Creating high-quality written, visual, data-informed tools for local and national audiences, including curricula, manuals, user guides, and other training and resource materials.
- Managing a dynamic array of projects and clients with our collaborative team of homeless and supportive housing experts.
Successful candidates must possess:
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written), including strong public speaking skills.
- Ability to succeed in a warm and supportive team-based environment and cultivate collaborative partnerships.
- Strong analytical capabilities and enthusiasm for breaking down and explaining complex ideas.
- Attention to detail and ability to prioritize and manage multiple ongoing projects under strict deadlines.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, flexibility and willingness to travel. Must be a licensed driver.
HomeBase prefers candidates with:
- Demonstrated commitment to the public interest and passion for addressing homelessness and poverty.
- MPA, MPP, MSW (Policy Analyst), or JD (Staff Attorney); equivalent experience also accepted.
- 3-5 years of workplace experience with demonstrated increased responsibility.
- Experience facilitating development of equitable and inclusive systems, addressing the intersection of institutionalized and structural racism and homelessness would be valued.
- Experience with print and graphic design (Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop) or data analysis (Tableau and SPSS) is not necessary but would be a plus.
Please email cover letter, resume, and at least three references to [email protected]. Positions open until filled.
Qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply and will be considered for the position in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.