Position: Facilitator (i.e. Lead Compass Coach, San Antonio)
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Type: Part-Time Consultant
WHAT IS NXU?
nXu (www.nxueducation.org) is a non-profit organization whose mission is to catalyze and equip youth and adults to explore, articulate, and pursue their purpose. nXu has developed a research & evidence-based, 4-phase, purpose development methodology. They offer a training program as well as a purpose development curriculum to schools, and they also directly implement programming with students both in school and out of school in 5 regions: Chicago, IL; Newark, NJ; New York, NY; San Antonio, TX, and Seattle, WA. Here is a video about nXu (https://vimeo.com/251833392) and a recent article about nXu published by Transcend Education (https://www.transcendeducation.org/playlist-blog/ignite-purpose).
OVERVIEW OF ROLE
nXu is seeking an exceptional educator to serve as the Lead Compass Coach (i.e. lead facilitator and program manager) of nXu’s programming in San Antonio during the 2020-21 school year. The Lead Compass Coach will facilitate all of nXu’s student-facing purpose development programming. In the short term, this will consist of online delivery of our programming. Once the pandemic subsides, facilitation will occur both onsite at schools during the week (one or two days a week)and out of school, on select weeknights and weekend days. In addition to facilitating student-facing programming, the Lead Compass Coach may engage in adult-facing facilitation and trainings. In addition, this team member will play a key role in recruiting students to participate in nXu’s out-of-school programming and in securing and cultivating partnerships with schools and organizations.
The ideal Lead Compass Coach will not only possess excellent facilitation skills but will also exhibit leadership and enthusiasm that inspires fellows, parents, volunteers, and other members of the San Antonio community to invest in our mission. The Lead Compass Coach will receive coaching and support from nXu’s national Compass Director and from nXu’s Executive Director. Logistically, this individual will need to be available, on average, for approximately 5 to 15 hours per week.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Program Leadership and Facilitation: Lead nXu’s San Antonio fellowship and in-school and out-of-school (both online and, once the pandemic subsides, in person) programming and ensure that the programmatic implementation aligns with the organizational mission and vision. Serve as the lead facilitator for all nXu sessions to drive participant learning and mastery of each practice. Implement the centrally developed nXu program and curriculum and ensure high quality experiences for students and volunteers.
- Culture Development: Cultivate and create a safe and exciting atmosphere for nXu participants to be curious and vulnerable during nXu programming.
- Participant Management: Ensure nXu participants are fully engaged and support them as they navigate their nXu experience during and between each session.
- Operations: Manage pre-session operational preparation as well as session day operations.
- Participant Recruitment & Selection: Support the recruitment and selection of students from district, charter, and private schools to participate in nXu's programming.
- Volunteer Management: With support from the nXu Compass Director, select, train, coach and support volunteers to effectively navigate nXu’s core curriculum and maximize student outcomes.
- Program Improvement: Provide feedback on the curriculum and fellowship to ensure nXu improves its programming over time.
- Partnership Management: With support from the nXu team, foster programmatic partners in San Antonio, especially with schools. As needed, facilitate adult-facing purpose development workshops.
- Program Representation: Serve as a positive representative of nXu within the San Antonio community.
- Schedule Availability: Ensure availability to fulfill the scheduling needs of this role.
- Other Duties: Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
Candidates for this position must possess the following qualifications:
- Exceptional facilitation, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Ability to exhibit high energy and to motivate and inspire youth and adults.
- Experience working with and supporting and guiding a diverse array of both youth and adults.
- Belief in nXu’s mission and a passion for helping other people--especially teenagers--explore, articulate and pursue their purpose in life.
- Ability to create an inclusive and equitable program culture for all program participants
- Concrete evidence of keen interest in, and exploration of, his or her self-development.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and an ability to take initiative to deliver a meaningful experience to fellows, volunteers, and stakeholders.
- Ability to receive and implement feedback and coaching.
- Comfort in working with a remote team, often independently.
- At least three years of experience in working with high school aged youth; teaching experience strongly preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Current authorization to work in the United States secured by the first day of employment.
nXu will offer competitive compensation for this consulting role.
Interested applicants should apply at the website below.
nXu provides equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees.