The schedule for this position is Monday to Friday, 6 hours per day.
Under the direction of the Center Director and assigned supervisor, performs a variety of cleaning tasks and light facility maintenance in assigned building areas; moves office equipment and fixtures as required.Provides support and promotes the CET mission, initiatives and in the accomplishment of the organization’s goals.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS (May include but is not limited to the following):
- Sweeps, mops, scrubs, vacuums, waxes and polishes floors; shampoos and cleans rugs and carpets in classrooms, hallways, stairways, office spaces; cleans storage closets, restrooms and other related areas.
- Empties trash throughout the facilities and discards in garbage bins.
- Cleans and sanitizes restrooms on a daily basis including fixtures, floors and walls.
- Picks up and cleans refuse near building entrances and on grounds.
- Operates a variety of tools and equipment; performs general maintenance duties including lubricating parts; making minor adjustments, and conducting equipment inspections as necessary.
- Performs light facility maintenance tasks.
- Moves and rearranges furniture and other classroom equipment as assigned.
- Estimates time, materials, and equipment required for jobs assigned; maintains inventory and requisitions materials as required, issues supplies for general cleaning maintenance.
- Locks and unlocks buildings and classrooms, as assigned.
- Communicates effectively with co-workers, students and supervisors within area of responsibility.
- Notifies staff concerning need for major repairs, lighting, heating ventilation equipment, and other safety hazards.
- Conducts regular inspections of designated work areas and equipment and reports any hazardous or unsafe working conditions to their supervisor. Works with other staff to participate in emergency disaster evacuation and drills.
- Assists in setup and cleanup for special activities or events.
- May operate CET vehicles as required to carry out duties assigned.
- May attend staff development trainings which may require overnight travel, as required.
- May assist the campus security authority as needed during a safety, security, emergency or disaster situation.
- Performs other related duties as required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of operations and activities related to custodial services.
- Proper care, operation and general maintenance of custodial equipment.
- Knowledge of general safety standards.
- Ability to maintain physical condition appropriate to the performance of assigned duties and responsibilities.
- Ability to read and follow written or oral instructions on service requests, product labels, maintenance schedules, etc.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to work independently in the absence of supervision.
- Ability to safely operate assigned maintenance and motorized equipment and vehicles and perform manual labor.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Bilingual in Spanish may be required based on school location.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Any combination equivalent to: a GED or High School Diploma or minimum of 6 months training or experience related to custodial services or closely related field.
Use of a personal or company vehicle for CET business may be necessary in the performance of assigned duties such as attending meetings and events, recruiting, transporting students, picking up materials, and running errands. The Human Resources Department may request copies of a valid driver’s license and proof of personal automobile insurance upon being hired and annually thereafter.
The position requires standing, talking, walking, climbing, stooping, kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting, crawling, reaching, twisting, turning and also requires bending, grasping, repetitive hand movement and fine coordination in using facility/classroom equipment and related hand tools. Additionally, the position requires near and far vision in reading cleaning solvents/chemical labels, work orders, operating equipment manuals and other work related materials; performs heavy work; exert up to 75 pounds occasionally, exert up to 50 pounds of force frequently and exert up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move and lift objects.
Some of these requirements may be accommodated for otherwise qualified individuals requiring and requesting such accommodation. May be required to travel and/or drive for periodic trainings or CET business related activities.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CET is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and it is our policy to be in compliance with all federal, state and local law relative to discrimination in employment. CET follows the practice of promoting Equal Employment Opportunity.