The Finance Assistant works closely with the Accounting Manager and Chief Financial & Administrative Officer (CFAO) to provide general accounting & database support as needed.
The Finance Assistant will primarily focus on Accounts Payable. Ensure timely data entry of invoices, verification of proper approvals, accurate/appropriate General Ledger coding, and keeping files up to date. Initiate weekly check run, reconcile monthly statements from vendors, process vendor 1099’s as required, answer Corporate office phones and assist callers. Will also handle certain A/R billings, prepare data files for exporting to our accounting system and assist with purchasing cost savings opportunities.
This position will also include some database support, such as: maintain user access, produce monthly recurring reports, and enter program info into the system.
- Two years related experience in an accounting environment and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability and willingness to take initiative and work as a team.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Understands the YMCA mission and the core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility in interactions with staff and volunteers.
- Even-tempered and able to adjust tasks in accordance with changing priorities.
- A neat, clean, professional appearance.
This is a full-time position; rate of pay is $15-$18 per hour depending on experience. Benefits include a free family YMCA membership, 95% employer paid medical, 10% employer paid retirement upon eligibility and generous vacation accrual rate based on years of service.