As a key member of the IT team, you will be responsible for the configuration, reporting, training, support, maintenance, and overall improvement of the marketing and patient access email system. You will also work closely with the marketing team and will be asked to participate in the marketing email system setup, deployment, training and ongoing technical support. To accomplish this, you will partner closely with vendor (Blackbaud luminate), marketing, patient access and chapter staff to understand business needs, configure solutions and provide technical support.
- Serve as a key subject matter expert on complex and/or critical business issues and processes with particular emphasis on marketing and bulk email distribution.
- Works with vendor to solve complex problems and develops innovative solutions related to the bulk email platform utilized by the business segments supported
- Collaborate with marketing and patient access staff to define requirements, configure and deploy an email solution that meets expectation.
- Add – Change - Delete users
- Perform system monitoring, analysis, administration, troubleshooting, testing, software and data environment refreshes as needed
- Package and deploy software changes to all environments (development, testing, production)
- Work with BAs, product, and IT
- Resolve problems and provide guidance in support of system improvements
- Adapt departmental plans and priorities to address business and operational challenges
- Demonstrate ability to remain calm when troubleshooting user issues
- Demonstrate ability to influence business teams on maximizing the applications being developed leveraging the best solutions
- Experience with bulk email distribution systems (e.g. MailChimp, silverpop, pardot)
- Experienced email system administrator
- 3+ years of system administration
- 3+ years providing technical support
- Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate at all levels of the organization
- Not For Profit background is a plus
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.