Lead the Oak branch in community engagement,strategic/operational plan, budget, oversight of all membership, programs and services.
The Executive Director is responsibile for overall center operations, fiscal management, community engagement, fundraising, strategic planning, program launches and new program development, membership and marketing, team leadership, and continuous improvement.
The YMCA is a vibrant part of Ridgewood and surrounding communities. At the heart of the YMCA lies the power to transform—both yourself and the world around you. From exceptional fitness, personal training, sports and aquatics programs, partnerships and social responsibility programs to our fun family and community events, the YMCA offers an array of options focused on strengthening bodies, minds and communities.
- Ensures that the YMCA is a vibrant community center meeting the needs of members, participants and families while executing on the strategic and operating plan.
- Manages the center in accordance with the policies, procedures and standards established by the CEO and board of directors of the Ridgewood YMCA.
- Manages the total operating budget of approximately $4MM and approximately 100+ full-time and part-time staff. Provides program and membership leadership including staff and volunteers.
- Provides leadership to program launches and new program development. Continuously updates and improves current programs such as youth and teen programs, family activities, day camp, (establish before and after school programs. onsite/offsite), fitness and collaborative ventures with community and other partners.
- Provides leadership to the annual support campaign and fundraising, grants management and financial development.
- Collaborates with community networks to develop membership strategies and programs to address community needs and operating goals. Collaborates with community groups, partners and others in order to further the work of the YMCA.
- Participates in the membership and marketing initiatives of the Ridgewood YMCA as well as creates new and innovative approaches to attract and retain membership. Ensures continuous improvement year over year.
- Supervises the use and maintenance of the facility to ensure a bright, clean, and functional environment.
- Administers the member continuous improvement plans. Improves on customer service metrics with utilization of NPS and NOS.
- Supports the mission and vision of the YMCA as assigned
- Provides professional development and leadership to center leaders and team members to enhance staff learning, career development and operational effectiveness. Facilitates staff meetings and in-services.
- Identifies, manages and motivates a high-performing team that accomplishes program objectives. Hires, on-boards and trains leaders and team members and provides ongoing training and development in accordance with program standards and staff development plans. Ensures staff are compliant with required trainings and certifications.
- Establishes, monitors and evaluates team goals and performance standards. Evaluates team members and provides coaching and intervention as necessary. Coaches, mentors, and develops leaders and team members to optimize performance.
- Manages time and attendance for current staff, ensuring that time is accurately recorded in the HRIS system.
- Develops a volunteer strategy in collaboration with team and recruits, trains and evaluates volunteers to meet the needs of programs.
- Minimum of 5 - 7 years successful leadership/supervisory experience managing outstanding teams. YMCA leadership experience a plus.
- A positive history of leadership in the areas of program planning, innovation and continuous improvement. Demonstrated ability to provide leadership to program launches and new program development.
- Ability to manage multiple program areas including Aquatics programs, fitness, early learning and youth development, youth sports, family activities, day camp and collaborative ventures with community partners.
- Strong collaborator with excellent verbal, written and presentation skills with the ability to adapt message to audience.
- Demonstrated strategic and critical thinking skills with budget development, fiscal management, strategic planning, and continuous improvement outcomes.
- Familiarity with the community is preferred.
Salary: $80,000.00 - $90,000.00