The YMCA of Greater Richmond is seeking a energetic team player to provide leadership to our teen programs at the Chickahominy Family Y.
The Director will plan and implement teen programs and initiatives. Specific responsibilities include building relationships with youth and teens; collaborating with community partners, such as local schools and area organizations that share a similar interest in helping teens reach their full potential, to promote teen development initiatives; and running Teen Leaders' Club and Jr. Leaders' Club, Y Achievers,middle school after school care, teen leadership summer camps, monthly Middle School Nights and other programs.
- The YMCA of Greater Richmond is a nonprofit organization with the goal of strengthening the foundations of community. We do this through programs that help build a healthy mind, body and spirit for all, and our programs are built around our three focus areas: Healthy Living, Youth Development and Social Responsibility.
- The Y is open to all, and we pride ourselves on the diversity of our members and employees. As an employer, the Y seeks to recruit energetic professionals, encourage work-life balance, and provide opportunities for growth and development. Our employees embody our brand behaviors of honesty, caring, respect and responsibility.
- Candidates must have at least one year of experience with teen programming.
- Experience leading and managing staff is desired, as well as strong computer skills, interpersonal skills,and the ability to multitask.
- Applicants must be able to work a varied schedule, with frequent evening and weekend work.