New Virginia Majority is looking for an experienced Digital Organizer to help implement digital strategy at the policy, political and organizing level, grow social media presence and engagement, and support and build campaigns and organizing efforts.
Location: Richmond, VA
- Manage and maintain robust presence on all digital platforms including email, social media and website, producing compelling, timely content
- Execute digital campaigns strategies to grow online membership and engagement of our online supporters in taking action.
- In collaboration with organizing staff, use social media, email, online advertising and other digital tools to develop online-to-offline organizing programs
- Strengthen online fundraising
- Develop strategies aimed at targeting, building and retaining membership segments based on issue, campaign, demographic and other variables to deepen activism and engagement among members with specific interests
- Track, understand and apply analytics and metrics to measure effectiveness of tools and strategies
- Maintain high quality and timely web site presence; ensure ease of navigation, message consistency, relevance and engagement opportunities for visitors.
- Work with external vendors
- Train and advise staff on digital communications strategy and social media best practices.
- Track technology trends and apply needed upgrades and innovations to ensure platforms and campaigns remain current
- Perform other duties as required.
- Committed to New Virginia Majority’s mission of social, racial, and economic justice.
- At least 2 years experience creating high-quality digital content and campaigns to move people to take action.
- Excellent project management and time management skills: ability both rapidly respond to day-to-day needs while conceiving and implementing bigger projects over time
- Highly proficient in CRMs, CMSs, social media flatforms, SMS texting software, basic motion graphics editing
- Experience with HTML coding and CSS
- Ability to develop and maintain a variety of relationships on multiple levels.
- Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, manage multiple projects.
- Ability to take direction and constructive feedback.
- Excellent organizational skills including superior attention to detail.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English languages is preferred
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Salaries are competitive. Salary range is $45,000- $50,000, commensurate with experience, and comes with an excellent benefits package, including health, vision, dental, and stipends for phone and transportation.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references to https://www.newvirginiamajority.org/jobs with the position name and preferred location in the subject header.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Due to the high volume of applications, we are not able to respond to applicants whose candidacy is not being pursued. No phone calls please.
New Virginia Majority (NVM), Virginia’s leading civic engagement organization, builds power in working-class communities of color across the Commonwealth. We organize around issues of racial, economic, and environmental justice year-round through mass political education, intensive leadership development, mobilization, and mass voter outreach. We fight for a Virginia that is just, democratic and environmentally sustainable. We are an equal opportunity employer.