The Telford Community Center YMCA has benefited from extraordinary leadership. They are now seeking an individual to be the Association’s next President and CEO. The new President and CEO must be a hands-on leader for the organization, its staff, volunteer board and members by promoting the YMCA brand and community image while expanding programs and services. The successful candidate will demonstrate an ability to create effective strategic relationships with influential leaders and members of the community and a capacity to leverage those relationships to enhance support for the YMCA mission. The YMCA’s success and future growth is reliant on productive partnerships with not-profit organizations, the public sector and private business.
The CEO is expected to be highly visible and engage the community, ensuring that the YMCA remain a highly respected and desired partner with a strong stake in identifying and addressing the solutions for community issues. Candidates must be able to direct and implement fundraising programs.
The CEO is expected to be the face of the organization.
- Develop and cultivate relationships with key stakeholders
- Upholding the highest standards and values of the YMCA based on Christian principals
- Maintain a culture of integrity and high ethical standards, accountability and performance
- Create a spirit of inclusiveness, mission and cause
- Promote and encourage values of honesty, respect, responsibility and caring.
Key Deliverables and requirements for the CEO/Executive Director include, but are not limited to:
- Fiscal Management: Ensure the Y’s financial resources are properly managed and report on its financial position. Use high level financial analysis to forecast trends, growth and stability while consistently leading Y to balance or surplus operations by growing earned revenue and contributions and controlling costs. Empower and guide staff to lead their departments and monitor and meet budgets. Develop and implement stewardship strategies.
- Key competencies: decision making, project management, finance, quality results, functional expertise, developing others
- Develop and Implement a Strategic Plan: The ability to work effectively with board of directors, volunteers, community leaders and key staff to identify critical community needs and develop a strategic roadmap focused on organizational strategies. Lead staff in the development and implementation of goals through an annual operating plan. Lead volunteers in aligning committees and their charts of work to support the strategies and goals of the Y.
- Key competencies: influence, values, relationships, inclusion, communication, project management, innovation, decision making, quality results
- Improve Operating Performance: Partner with the board to identify issues and develop an annual tactical plan for achieving key YMCA goals and objectives to solve them. Remain fully informed of all operational issues and be able to quickly address issues that arise as well as forecast future needs. Manage and direct the Y’s operations and activities.
- Key competencies: communication, influence, quality results, finance, decision making
- Build and Manage the Staff Team: Serve as a leader who is able to motivate, engage, and retain staff in a positive and productive manner by creating and setting an expectation for excellence. Demonstrate an engaging, open, positive and inclusive leadership style and display integrity, a high regard for honesty and courage and an open mind to innovative ways of improving services and expanding impact.
- Key competencies: quality results, relationship, influence, community, communication, developing others, change management, values
Within the first 18 months the new leader must:
- Create a strategic plan in partnership with the Board of Directors
- Create and develop strategic partnership and collaboration
- Complete the current building and find additional capital finance to enhance the facility
- Increase annual support campaign contributions.
- 3-5 years experience in CEO or senior management role with a YMCA or related experience with direct supervision of multiple levels of staff/employees
- Must demonstrate personal values consistent with the YMCA mission
- Experience related to the top priorities and key deliverables
- YMCA Organizational Leader Certification (Note: Candidates not already in possession of this certification have up to three years to obtain via YMCA USA)
Preferred Criteria for Candidates:
- An accomplished and experienced leader
- Ability to articulate and communicate the mission, vision and goals of the YMCA
- Ability to effectively communicate with the board, community partner organizations and the public so that others understand the mission, vision and goals of YMCA, and encourage participation in affiliations and partnerships with the YMCA
- Ability and capacity to bring forward new ideas for growth and expanded services
- Demonstrated success in building a team; leading, encouraging, attracting, engaging and developing talented staff
- A track record for building and leveraging community partnerships/alliances in order to expand services that address community needs
- Ability to work with and strengthen a Board of Directors and volunteer leadership structure
- Ability to work with people of diverse cultural backgrounds to affect the overall diversity, makeup of the staff/Board to reflect the community.
Salary is Commensurate with Experience; range is $60,000 - $75,000 annualized. Benefits include a defined contribution plan of 8%; employee contributes 3% and 5% by the association (when eligibility requirements are met).