About the position
The Senior Director of Corporate Fundraising will have a good understanding of the Internet and its ecosystem and be able to establish good working relationships with key players in and out of the industry space. The Senior Director will be responsible for networking, developing, and strengthening corporate partnerships across the globe. He/she will work with VP of Fundraising, along with other team members, to develop a financial fundraising strategy to raise increased funding year over year within this revenue stream and as part of the organization’s overall fundraising strategy. The Senior Director will manage the identification of new corporate donor prospects, the solicitation of those prospects as well as the solicitation of existing corporate donors. The Senior Director of Corporate Fundraising will oversee database integrity as it relates to corporate donors and be involved in all donation related processes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee and direct the identification, solicitation of new and existing corporate donors.
- Ensure the timely analysis of giving trends, relevant fundraising analytics and metrics so as to identify giving opportunities as well as program weaknesses.
- Work collaboratively with the Organizational Membership team to ensure the strong design and implementation of a donor stewardship and management program.
- Execute all membership recruitment and retention efforts related to current and prospective members.
- Build strong and lasting relations with existing and new organizational members
- Identify, develop, and implement an effective engagement strategy for the organization.
- Oversee membership growth, opportunity research and identify conversion opportunities.
- Ensure membership and sponsorship benefits are delivered and reported in collaboration with the organization’s membership team.
- Work with project and external relations teams to identify, design and execute effective outreach programs to retain and attract organization members/ sponsors.
- Work with external team(s) to convert partners to members as appropriate.
- Act as the organization’s Membership Advisory Council liaison.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 10 years professional experience or equivalent in an organization’s fundraising program with an emphasis on corporate fundraising.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent required (Master's preferred).
- Demonstrated success in a development function (managing and forging relationships with multiple funder sources)
- Tangible experience of having expanded and cultivated existing relationships over time.
- Ability to influence and engage a wide range of funders and build long-term relationships.
- Flexible and adaptable style; a leader who can positively impact both strategic and tactical fundraising initiatives.
- A professional and resourceful style; the ability to work independently and as a team player, to take initiative, and to manage multiple tasks and projects at a time.
- Have a good understanding of cultural business differences.
- Ability to productively engage with others at varying levels of seniority within and outside the organization.
- High energy and passion for Internet Society's mission is essential.
- Ability to construct, articulate, and implement annual strategic development plan.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- English is a must; additional language(s) is a bonus.
Compensation and benefits for this position will be paid in local currency and based on the country and geographic location’s local salary and benefits market data for the position. Exact pay will be based on factors including but not limited to relevant qualifications, experience, geographic location, education, business and organizational needs.
Please apply in our website at https://internetsociety.bamboohr.com/careers/217