The Development and Operations Manager will be a strategic thought-partner and report directly to the Executive Director. The successful candidate will be a hands-on and participative manager who will support the following areas: fundraising and development, business planning and budgeting, and strategy.
- Develop a pipeline of new funders to support the organization’s initiatives
- Oversee solicitation and stewardship of donors, including securing, preparing for, and proactively following upon donor cultivation meetings, proposals, and reports
- Work closely with the Executive Director to develop and execute strategy to nurture and grow the base of individual donors, including increasing touchpoints and exploring a planned giving program
- Support the Executive Director in all donor engagement and solicitation including, but not limited to: developing materials, setting meetings, taking notes, supporting relevant follow-up, etc.
- Oversee any relevant consultants
- Develop a system for regular reporting and updates supporting development efforts
- Foster and maintain strong relationships with key organizational stakeholders
- Work closely with the ED and future Chief of Staff to build and improve systems for organizing and utilizing all information about past, current, and prospective donors via Salesforce dashboards and reports
- A passion for and demonstrated commitment to the organization’s mission
- 5+ years experience in a senior-level development role, ideally as development director
- Track record of successfully planning and executing development strategies that secure support from individual donors, corporations, and foundations
- Ability to see the big picture and think strategically while also being able to execute tactical tasks
- Highly organized, capable of balancing and prioritizing concurrent projects and deadlines
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- A strong communicator with excellent writing abilities, with emphasis on clear and compelling appeals, proposals, and email requests
- A natural team player who enjoys supporting and collaborating with colleagues
- Requires some travel (post-COVID) and willingness to travel and work nights and weekends when necessary
- Ours is a virtual workspace and requires comfort working in that environment;
- Knowledge of and experience working with using Salesforce as donor database
This full-time position offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience, flexible work hours, collaborative work environment, distributed team, and a health care reimbursement plan.
Please send a cover letter, resume, a writing sample, and contact information for three professional references to [email protected], with “Development and Operations Manager” in the subject line. We will begin reviewing applications immediately.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
True to our mission and values, a commitment to diversity and inclusion drives our work. We strongly encourage and seek applications of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where staff contributions are valued and celebrated, and where our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work every day.
Applicants with Disabilities:
Reasonable accommodation will be made so that qualified disabled applicants may participate in the application process.
Please advise in writing of special needs at the time of application.