This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Oversees the total operation of a YMCA branch, including membership, marketing, programs, facilities, volunteer and staff development, financial development, community relations and collaborations with community agencies.
- Coordinates the development of the Branch Committee. Directs the volunteer activities (policy and program) of the branch.
- Directs the financial development activities of the program. Provides leadership to annual fundraising campaign, and assists in recruiting of key leadership and campaigners for assigned divisions. Ensures that their staff achieves their goals according to the Association timeline.
- Effectively communicates with school district staff regarding matters of mutual interest between the YMCA and the District.
- Represents and promotes the YMCA in the local community and develops positive working relationships with other organizations, businesses, and governmental entities. Develops, maintains, and models collaborative relationships with community agencies in service delivery area.
- Oversees the hiring, training, development and supervision of staff.
- Develops, manages, and monitors the program operating budget and meet or exceeds budget targets.
- Directs strategic planning efforts and develops the annual operating plan of the program.
- Develops and directs high quality relationship-based member engagement strategies. Models relationship-building skills in all interactions with staff, volunteers, members, and the community.
- Fosters a climate of innovation to develop programs which support the Y mission, goals, and strategies.
- Ensures the safety and maintenance of high quality facilities, grounds, and equipment.
- Directs branch marketing and communication efforts to effectively communicate benefit to the community.
- Serves as a member of Y management and supports the overall objectives of the YMCA.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Six or more years of management experience, preferably in a YMCA or other nonprofit agency.
- Ability to direct total operations through volunteer development, supervision of staff, development and monitoring of branch budget, marketing and public relations, and program development.
- Experience in management and development of volunteer involvement; ability to recruit top community leaders.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of
- Proven track record of developing authentic relationships with others.
- Ability to establish and maintain collaborations with community organizations.
- YMCA Multi-Team or Branch Leader certification preferred.
- CPR and First Aid required within 30 days of hire.
YMCA Competencies (Multi-Team or Branch Leader):
- Mission Advancement: Reinforces the Ys values within the organization and the community. Effectively communicates the benefits and impact of the YMCA’s efforts for all stakeholders. Implements effective systems to develop volunteers at program, fundraising, and policy leadership levels. Secures resources and support for all philanthropic endeavors.
- Collaboration: Develops strategies to ensure staff and volunteers reflect the community. Builds and nurtures strategic relationships to enhance support for the YMCA. Serves as a community leader building collaborations based on trust and credibility to advance YMCA mission and goals. Communicates for influence to attain buy-in and support of goals. Provides tools and resources for the development of others.
- Operational Effectiveness: Integrates multiple thinking processes to make decisions. Involves members and community in the development of programs and activities. Ensures execution of plans. Institutes sound accounting procedures, investment policies and financial controls. Assigns clear accountability and ensures continuous improvement.
- Personal Growth: Fosters a learning environment embracing diverse abilities and approaches. Creates a sense of urgency and positive tension to support change. Anticipates challenges that can sidetrack or derail growth and personal learning. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
Salary: $57,200.00 - $66,560.00