The Pennsylvania Organizing Director will work to advance the mission of Action for the Climate Emergency (ACE), a 501(c)(3) nonprofit committed to educating and activating millions of young people to end the era of fossil fuels, accelerate the deployment of renewable energy, and ultimately avoid the worst impacts of the climate emergency.
This is a full-time, remote position based in the Pittsburgh metro area. The Pennsylvania Organizing Director will work from a home office and will participate in regular in-person organizing events, school assemblies, and partnership meetings. The Pennsylvania Organizing Director will also meet regularly by video chat with ACE team members, partners, young people and funders. Candidates must be available for regular travel throughout Pennsylvania to participate in fieldwork, campaigns, actions, in-person assemblies at local high schools, conferences, organizing, and other events.
- Organizing: Pennsylvania is a long-term investment priority state for ACE. The Pennsylvania Organizing Director oversees all of ACE’s state-based organizing operations, including managing, growing, and supporting youth-led Action Teams, delivering in-school assemblies which function as the initiation for future Action Teams, hosting base-building and campaign events, meeting with elected officials, and building and supporting local partnerships.
- In-School Assembly Presentations: The Pennsylvania Organizing Director will deliver ACE’s 35-minute in-person climate education program, Our Climate Our Future Live, to high schools in the Pittsburgh metro area and will also supervise the Ohio Organizing Manager (to be hired) to do the same. Our Climate Our Future Live is a powerful education and base-building tool for the purposes of expanding our Youth Action Network, recruiting for ACE Action Teams, and registering youth voters. This is the inception point for all future organizing work.
- Field-Based Campaigns: The Pennsylvania Organizing Director will stay abreast of local and state climate and energy issues to generate a state strategy and develop and implement field (and digital) state-based campaigns with the overarching goal of ending the era of fossil fuels and speeding a just transition to a clean-energy economy. The Pennsylvania Organizing Director will collaborate with partners and coalitions to develop and implement state-based campaigns.
- Management: The Pennsylvania Organizing Director will also manage an Organizing Manager (to be hired) to grow and support state-based organizing activities, including recruiting and managing 20 youth-led Action Teams statewide.
- Digital Communications: The PennsylvaniaOrganizing Director will manage state-based digital communications to engage the thousands of members in the Pennsylvania Youth Action Network and youth-led Action Teams. This includes writing copy and programming emails and text messages, building digital petition pages for collecting sign-ups, supporting the digital advertising team with copywriting and creative, and supporting script development for any state-specific video creative.
- Content Development: ACE is a digital-forward organization. As such, the Pennsylvania Organizing Director will support the development of state-specific video content, social media campaigns, live events, and other relevant content creation as needed. This may include the use of short-form video ecosystems like TikTok, Reels, or Triller to communicate effectively about policies, events, coalitions, campaigns, and other trends.
- Outreach and PR: The Pennsylvania Organizing Director is the face of ACE in Pennsylvania and represents ACE in local and state-based partnerships and coalitions. They also build relationships and liaise directly with elected officials and current and future ACE funders, as well as with members of the media to build ACE’s brand and impact in Pennsylvania.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Annual salary range: $80,000-90,000, commensurate with experience
- Generous benefits include: Medical, Dental, Vision, 403b retirement savings plan, Vacation, Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, 2 Floating Holidays, 2 Community Service Floating Holidays, sick time, two weeks of full-staff time off (July 4 week and Christmas-New Years week) and 13 observed holidays
- ACE is an equal-opportunity employer that highly values staff diversity
- Location: Pittsburgh metro area
For the full job description and to apply visit the link below: