Responsible for integrating YMCA USA aquatics best practices.
Under the supervision of Aquatics Core Service Leader & Branch Leadership, Aquatics Director position is an entry-level position responsible for the development, organization, implementation and evaluation of aquatics programs, ensuring that operations in the aquatics department run smoothly and meet the needs of the community.
The Aquatics Director is responsible for integrating YMCA USA aquatics best practices and serving on relevant Association committees to enhance leadership skills and aquatics programs.
- Ensure that pool(s) are open and staffed with certified YMCA/Red Cross certified lifeguards
- Integrates YMCA USA best practices for aquatics programs.
- Develop annual operating objectives for the Aquatics Department.
- Monitor the achievement of these objectives, taking appropriate action to ensure they are met.
- Develop, monitor and administer annual budget (income and expense) for the Departments.
- Recruit, hire, train, develop, supervise and evaluate PT staff and volunteers.
- Plan, develop, implement and evaluate a full range of aquatic programs and services, including swim instruction, all ages and abilities; youth and adult swim team programs; supervise and developing group exercise and family programming.
- Ensure the proper care and maintenance of the aquatic facility, equipment and supplies used in all programs under his/her responsibility.
- Ensure all Aquatic Department Operations are consistent with the Association, County and City procedures. This includes safety, insurance, incident/accident reports, purchasing, Human Resources and Payroll procedures, and maintains appropriate logs and records.
- Maintain cleanliness, and safety of facility.
- Min one year’s experience in Aquatics or management of a pool facility with proven knowledge of aquatic safety principles, rescue techniques, lifeguarding, and pool maintenance.
- Ability to educate and motivate staff, volunteers and community about YMCA mission
- Must be certified as a Lifeguard Instructor from a nationally recognized organization(YMCA preferred).
Salary: $29,240.00 - $43,860.00