The Lake County YMCA is seeking a Member Engagement Director at the East End Y in Madison. The job description and qualifications are listed below. This is a full-time, exempt position. The YMCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Works with the director of membership development to implement membership strategies that support recruitment of new members and retention of existing members. Creates a member-focused culture and models relationship-building skills (including Listen First) in all interactions. Fosters a climate of innovation and resolves problems to ensure member satisfaction.
- Recruits, hires, trains, develops, schedules and directs personnel and volunteers as needed. Reviews and evaluates staff performance. Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals.
- Promotes program and membership enrollment in interactions with existing and potential members. Coordinates program registration, including logistics to support phone, walk-in and web registration. Coordinates with marketing efforts to maximize enrollments and provides ongoing support to Program Directors on related issues.
- Participates in the planning of the annual budget; manages and implements the approved budget for membership and takes appropriate action to correct variances
- Ensures proper implementation of front desk procedures. Reviews and updates desk procedures and communicates changes to staff. Coordinates with the business office as necessary on financial transactions.
- Organizes membership events at the YMCA and represents the YMCA at community events to promote the YMCA.
- Leads assigned aspects of the fund-raising campaign.
- Participates in staff meetings and/or related meetings.
- Previous supervisory experience in customer service preferred.
- Excellent personal computer skills and experience with standard business software.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
Salary: $31,000.00 - $34,000.00