The Volunteer Recruiter & Assistant is responsible for the recruitment of Foster Grandparent volunteers, and for assisting the FGP Manager by performing a variety of administrative tasks
Primary Job Responsibilities / Duties:
- Recruit potential volunteers for the Foster Grandparent Program.
- Attend one to two tabling events weekly in the five counties the program serves.
- Keeps log of tabling events and will put events in weekly, monthly, or quarterly categories.
- Explore potential sites that could serve as volunteer sites and keep records of those sites.
- Participate in orientation/in-services for Foster Grandparents as needed.
- Acquire guest speakers for quarterly In-service meetings.
- Assist coordinators by getting materials prepared for orientations and in-service meetings.
- Maintains training manuals (Process Guide Manual, FGP Manual, Guest Speaker Log etc.).
- Collects necessary data from volunteer stations to assist in the preparation of required reports and information to funders.
- Maintain Topic List for monthly in-services.
- Attends other meetings as assigned by the FGP Manager.
- Assists with planning and participate in programs including public recognition for volunteers.
- Keeps the FGP Manager informed of current activities and occurrences within the program.
- Assists in maintaining program files.
- Other duties as may be assigned by the FGP Manager to achieve the goals and objectives of this program.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Highly organized
- Strong time management, the ability to set goals and meet deadlines
- Must be able to maintain strict confidentiality
- Highly Self-motivated
- Computer knowledge to include Microsoft Office, social media, and databases
- Creativity and problem solving
- Ability to present and represent the organization at meetings and in the community, and to train volunteers and partners
- Minimum of high school diploma with 2 years’ experience
Medical, Dental & Vision – Employer covers 100% of cost to the employee
Paid Holidays – Twelve paid holidays a year
Paid Time Off
Hybrid – Work from both, home, and the office
Email resume to: