The Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for recruiting volunteers, coordinating assignments of volunteers at volunteer stations, acting as a liaison between the program and the stations to provide counseling and advocacy services as needed. Preference given to National Service Alumni (Vista, Americorps and Peace Corps)
Primary Job Responsibilities / Duties:
- Recruits, interviews and trains applicants for volunteer service in the program.
- Informs volunteers of policies, procedures and standards of volunteer service.
- Arranges and conducts orientation and training of volunteer station staff.
- In consultation with volunteer station staff, completes assignment plans, outcome and output tracking, and institutes changes when necessary.
- Maintains close relationship with volunteer station staff to ensure the interests of the volunteer, the client, station and the program are maintained.
- Assures that the volunteer station staff understands and accepts the role of the volunteers.
- Discusses problems with volunteers and station staff to ensure satisfaction of volunteers and station staff with assignments.
- Collects, checks, and reviews monthly time sheets for accuracy.
- Collects necessary data from volunteer stations to assist in the preparation of required reports and information to funders.
- Provides counseling and advocacy services to volunteers and stations as needed.
- Secures mandated annual information required to be updated annually.
- Monitors long and short- term goals for the volunteer stations through quarterly site visits.
- Arranges and attends mandated meetings and trainings.
- Attends other meetings as assigned by the FGP Manager.
- Assists with planning and participates in programs including public recognition for volunteers.
- Keeps the FGP Manager informed on current activities and occurrences within the program.
- Assists in maintaining program files.
- Functions as a Team Leader as assigned and assumes leadership role in a responsible manner.
- Develops training and training resources for volunteers.
- Other duties as may be assigned by the FGP Manager to achieve the goals and objectives of this program.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Highly organized
- Strong time management, the ability to set goals and meet deadlines
- Must be able to maintain strict confidentiality
- Highly Self-motivated
- Computer knowledge to include Microsoft Office, social media, and databases
- Creativity and problem solving
- Ability to present and represent the organization at meetings and in the community, and to train volunteers and partners
- College degree required
- Prefer 2 years of experience
- Bilingual (Spanish) candidates preferred
Medical, Dental & Vision – Employer covers 100% of cost to the employee
Retirement - Employer contributes 7%, regardless of employee contribution
Paid Holidays – Twelve paid holidays a year
Paid Time Off - 7 hours of PTO is earned per pay period, this is equal to 168 hours of PTO a year
Four-Day-Workweek – Employee works 34 hours a week with salary pay
Hybrid – Work from both, home, and the office
Email resume to: