This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The Aquatics Director leads all aspects of Aquatic programming for the branch, ensuring our cause and culture is instilled in our strategy and staff development.
- Directs and supervises program activities to meet the needs of the community and fulfill YMCA objectives. Establishes new program activities and expands program within the community in accordance with strategic and operating plans. Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with community organizations.
- Recruits, hires, trains, develops, schedules and directs personnel and volunteers as needed.Reviews and evaluates staff performance. Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals. Conducts training as needed and ensures staff records are current and complete.
- Monitors and maintains records of daily pool operations to adhere to all state, local and YMCA health and safety regulations and ensures proper maintenance of pool.
- Creates and schedules classes, practices and other events to meet the needs of the program and community.
- Compiles program statistics. Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of and participation
- Assists in the marketing and distribution of program information.
- Develops and manages program budget to meet fiscal objectives.
- Assists in YMCA fund raising activities and special events.
- Actively participates in branch, department and association staff meetings and/or trainings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- At least 1 year supervisory experience in customer service and/or instruction
- Demonstrated success leading member-focused or equivalent team
- Demonstrated leadership, dependability & flexibility in work hours
- Complete within 30 days of hire: YMCA cause & culture training; Aquatics-specific training including Lifeguard certification, if needed; Child Abuse Prevention Training; BLS CPR; First Aid; Emergency Oxygen Administration (provided by YMCA)
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community and successful clearance of background check
Salary: $37,393.00 - $43,563.00