Who we are:
MediaJustice is the nation’s leading organization fighting for the digital rights of people of color. We believe the right to communicate belongs to everyone, and for over a decade have taken on corporations and institutions to address media and technology inequities disproportionately affecting communities of color. We’ve led campaigns that have successfully stopped media mergers, made the cost of internet and phone calls more affordable, and banned the use of facial recognition by police.
We’re a multiracial staff, historically black-led, based in Oakland, CA with remote staff across the country. We’re looking to hire talented people who excel in their area of expertise and are committed to working in an environment that values differences in leadership across race, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, and ability.
We’re looking for:
Reporting to the Operations Director, this position will deliver quality tech and administrative support to the staff of MediaJustice.
What you’ll do:
The Senior Administrator will be primarily responsible for managing in-house technology and providing administrative support to MediaJustice staff. In this role you will:
- Ensure all internal tools for communication and operations are working smoothly
- Bottom-line event logistics for internal staff convenings
- Manage the Executive Director’s calendar and correspondence
- Support program staff with external scheduling requests
- Be an administrative liaison to the Board of Directors
What you’ll bring to the table:
- You have 5 years of relevant operations, IT support, and administrative experience
- You’ve got extensive experience working with various platforms and hardware including Mac and Windows operating systems, Google Suite, and Microsoft Office
- You considers yourself a techie and know the ins and outs of virtual platforms and tools like Slack, Zoom, Doodle, Asana, Microsoft Teams and others
- You are very well organized, with the ability to balance multiple priorities
- You are good at organizing multiple people around a specific task or project
- You are a steady presence even under pressure
- You have an ability to connect and build rapport with people across identities
Other Preferred Qualities and Skills:
- You can read and interpret financial reports (Budgets, Profit & Loss Statements, Statement of Financial Position)
- You have experience with expense reporting software like Tallie or Concur
- You’ve been an Executive Assistant or provided senior level leaders with administrative support
- You’ve organized logistics for in-person and/or virtual events
The Senior Administrator is a 40 hour/week, full-time exempt position, and reports to the Operations Director. Salary is between $55K - $60K DOE with full medical, dental and vision benefits, optional 401(k), a substantial vacation package, and a quarterly personal wellness stipend. This position is remote and requires occasional travel, once safe to do so; work nights and weekends as needed.
To submit your application, please visit: https://mediajustice.applytojob.com/apply/51zd5tv7gD/Senior-Administrato...