Who we are:
MediaJustice is the nation’s leading organization fighting for the digital rights of people of color. We believe the right to communicate belongs to everyone, and for over a decade have taken on corporations and institutions to address media and technology inequities disproportionately affecting communities of color. We’ve led campaigns that have successfully stopped media mergers, made the cost of internet and phone calls more affordable, and banned the use of facial recognition by police.
We’re a multiracial staff, historically black-led, based in Oakland, CA with remote staff across the country. We’re looking to hire talented people who excel in their area of expertise and are committed to working in an environment that values differences in leadership across race, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, and ability.
We’re looking for:
Reporting to the Executive Director, this position leads the Operations Team at MediaJustice. You’ll be the main person leading internal operations and manage a team responsible for Human Resources, Development, Information Technology, Internal Events, and Financial Management.
What you’ll do:
The Operations Director will be primarily responsible for ensuring MediaJustice has the infrastructure, capacity, and resources we need to meet the demands and growing scale of our work. In this role you will:
- Provide strong leadership that delivers effective operations across the organization
- Lead our data and information systems so that they are accurate, efficient, and easy to access, meaning staff can use them to help inform decisions in their areas of work
- Grow the leadership of the Operations Team through responsive supervision, a culture of constructive feedback, and professional development that grows capacity and skill
- Think ahead of our current capacity and forecast new operational opportunities to streamline our infrastructure, increase resources, and grow our team
- Ensure the organization is in compliance with all legal, fiduciary, and organizational responsibilities
What you’ll bring to the table:
- You are a builder, someone others might say has a system for everything you do
- You are driven to improve yourself and derive joy in helping others do their best work
- You have over 8 years of relevant operations, administration, and financial management experience
- You are comfortable managing people with at least 3 years experience in a role where you directly supervised someone else
- You’ve got extensive experience working with various platforms and hardware including Mac and Windows operating systems, Google Suite, and Microsoft Office
- You’ve got experience managing Salesforce
Other Preferred Qualities and Skills:
- You have experience working in a movement building or social justice organization
- You’ve received an Administrator Certification or other certification through Salesforce
- You have experience working in Quickbooks or another comparable financial management software
- You have a working knowledge of the media and technology issues affecting communities of color today
The Operations Director is a 40 hour/week, full-time exempt position, and reports to the Executive Director. Salary is between $75K - $85K DOE with full medical, dental and vision benefits, optional 401(k), a substantial vacation package, and a quarterly personal wellness stipend. This position is remote and requires occasional travel, once safe to do so; work nights and weekends as needed.
To submit your application, please visit: https://mediajustice.applytojob.com/apply/f7ufOwvmuC/Operations-Director...