The Program Coordinator is based in Oakland, California and plays an important role in ensuring that generative somatics (gs) courses, movement partnerships and other programs run smoothly. The Program Coordinator must have strong skills in relationship building, project management, logistics, standard administrative skills, as well as the desire to make improvements where it is called for. This position will work very closely with the Program Manager(s) and the rest of the Program Team.
This is a 15-20 hr/week, contract position through the end of 2019, with the possibility of transitioning to a staff role in 2020.
Participant Data and Communications:
- Enter all applicant and participant data, including contact information and demographic information into the Salesforce database;
- Track all participant payment data in Salesforce, and reconcile data with financial records;
- Collect and process online registration and input into Salesforce;
- Answer applicants’ and participants’ questions and refer to other staff as appropriate;
- Provide logistical support to all course applicants and answer logistical questions.
Course Production and Logistical Coordination:
- Accountable for securing training spaces (venues) for all courses, both local and remote;
- Tracking and coordination of students, course needs, and follow up;
- Prepare and assemble course and training materials and supplies, including binders, handouts, enrollment surveys, pre-course surveys, evaluation surveys, logistics information, administrative materials, etc.;
- Ship and/or transfer all course materials and supplies to all courses – delivery for local courses, shipping for remote courses;
- Order catering as needed;
- Purchase and deliver food, bagels, coffee, and other course supplies as needed;
- Ensure that all training materials are prepared and available to participants and teachers;
- Work with materials and supplies vendors to ensure adequate and timely supply for courses;
- Ensure all gs courses are produced within gs standards and caring for participants;
- Develop and disperse program materials in time for courses;
- Be accessible during the course to ensure that everything is in place;
- Ensure work crew is oriented to work crew duties;
- Stay in close communication with Teachers on logistics needs, course implementation, scheduling prep meetings, etc.;
- Coordinate and schedule teaching team prep and debrief calls for each course; join calls as needed to coordinate logistics;
- Coordinate Teacher Training program and other programs that are developing teaching and training capacity and competency.
- Strong attention to detail, accurate and well organized. Able to prioritize.
- Warm and direct communicator, by phone, email and in person. Able to build generative relationships and trust.
- Strong ability to plan, organize and execute duties in an efficient manner, but also remain flexible and open to change.
- Commitment to embody gs politics with love and rigor inside the day to day as well as in relationship to constituents.
- Ability to forward project/program goals from start to completion efficiently, in alignment with our political analysis, and with a commitment to building trust and deep relationships.
- Experience in successfully working in teams.
- Salesforce database experience; Microsoft Office Suite (excel, word, etc.); iCal, Mac Mail, Constant Contact, Facebook and other social media venues.
- Forward thinking and solution-oriented.
- Ability to work flexible hours - you may be asked to come in early, stay late, or occasionally work during a weekend. Some weekend courses may require this position to be available.
- Need to have reliable transportation; have a current driver’s license and auto insurance. You may occasionally need to drive to our training site in Petaluma.
- Ability to lift 40 lbs.
As an organization committed to somatics as a transformative methodology for individual, organizational and systemic change, we ask that all staff demonstrate a willingness and enthusiasm to participate in somatic process and practice. This includes a willingness to participate in level one trainings, in somatics at staff meetings and retreats, daily office practices, etc.
$22 - $25/hr DOE
Applications accepted on a rolling basis with a deadline of Oct 15. Please apply by sending a resume and cover letter to [email protected] with your name and “Program Coordinator” in the subject line.
generative somatics is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, disability, gender and gender identity or expression, nationality, ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual orientation or any other status protected by law. Women, people of color, LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.