Context: Founded in 1892, we are the nation's largest and most influential grassroots environmental organization -- with 3 million members and supporters. We've protected millions of acres of wilderness, helped pass the Clean Air Act, the Clean Water Act, and the Endangered Species Act. More recently, we've been leading the charge to move away from fossil fuels toward a clean energy economy and do this in a way that is equitable, just, and inclusive. You can be part of this impactful work.
Scope: The Digital Advertising Intern will work closely with the digital advertising team on creating content, setting up and launching campaigns, and reporting and analyzing results for campaigns across advocacy, political, peer-to-peer fundraising, and ecommerce goals. Above all else we want someone who can think on their feet, is always trying to improve, and is driven to make a positive impact.
- Setting up and launching digital ad campaigns on Google Ads and Facebook Ads platforms
- Reporting and analyzing digital ad campaign results
- Content creation for Facebook Messenger platform
- Landing page and blog content creation
- Testing additional digital ad platforms for ecommerce and peer-to-peer fundraising programs
- A willingness to engage in equity, justice and inclusion learnings in order to help the Sierra Club continue its journey to be an equitable workplace and as part of a larger progressive community.
We are passionate about developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. Candidates are not expected to have 100% of the knowledge & skills listed below. If you are interested in this position, we encourage you to apply. Valuable knowledge and skills include:
- Google and Facebook advertising platforms
- Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager
- Campaign concept creation, copywriting, QA, and editing
- Microsoft Excel or more advanced data analysis platform
- Photoshop/graphic design
- HTML/CSS and other programming languages
- CRM and CMS experience, especially with Salesforce and Drupal
Sierra Club is a 501(c)(4) non-profit organization. Sierra Club employees are not eligible to participate in the Federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) Program. Sierra Club does not sponsor H1B visas.