The YMCA of the East Bay, one of the largest YMCA’s in the country, is looking for an Aquatics Director for the Hilltop Y in Richmond, CA.
The YMCA of the East Bay, one of the largest YMCA’s in the country, located in the San Francisco Bay Area. The Hilltop Family YMCA Branch, located in Richmond, CA, is looking for an Aquatics Director.
The Aquatics Director is responsible for all programs, facilities and staffing related to the aquatics programs. The focus is on safety and high quality in swim lessons, lifeguards, and aqua fitness.
- Directs and supervises pool activities to meet the needs of the members and ensure optimum pool usage.
- Develops and schedules aquatic programming for the Hilltop Family YMCA to include aqua fitness classes, swim lessons, lap swimming, and other programming in collaboration with other departments.Ensures high program standards are followed.
- Create and input registration process for swim lessons and maintain excellent records.
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with community organizations.
- Develop and monitor program budget to meet fiscal objectives.
- Supervises the lifeguards and swim instructors and hires, trains, and schedules qualified staff.
- Conducts training of staff in lifeguarding, swim instruction, First Aid, CPR and ensures that all certifications of staff is maintained.Provides regular in-service trainings to staff.
- Assists the Facilities staff with pool maintenance and maintains proper pool chemical balance and accurate records.
- Monitor daily pool operations to adhere to all state, local and YMCA health and safety regulations.
- Assists with coaching the swim lesson program and teaching as needed.
- Assists in fundraising activities and events.
- Evaluates programs with member and staff input and responds to member suggestions and complaints.
- Assists membership department with member service and member registrations.
- Serve as a member of the branch leadership team.
- Three years aquatics experience
- One year of supervisory experience
- Certifications: CPR for the Professional Rescuer, AED, Basic First Aid certification and Emergency Oxygen
- Must be able to demonstrate lifeguard skills in accordance with YMCA standards
- Completion of YMCA program-specific and trainer certifications must be accomplished within 60 days of hire
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook and other computer programs necessary to perform the duties of the job
The YMCA of the East Bay has a highly competitive compensation/total rewards package with generous base salary and benefits including:
- 10% retirement contribution after two years of YMCA employment
- Excellent medical insurance plan
- Dental insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long-term Disability insurance
- Generous time off plans including vacation, sick time and holidays
- Free family YMCA membership
- Employee Assistance Program
- Staff Development Opportunities
- Fun Culture and Strong Leadership Team in a well-funded YMCA