Vital Strategies is a US-based international public health organization working in more than 70 countries to strengthen public health systems and address leading causes of morbidity and mortality.
Resolve to Save Lives is an initiative of Vital Strategies with a mission to prevent 100 million deaths from heart disease and to make the world safer from epidemics. We are led by Dr Tom Frieden, former director of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Resolve to Save Lives is transitioning to an independent public health organization to maximize its global impact with speed, simplicity, and scale. Read more about our work at resolvetosavelives.org
We believe our programs are strengthened when they are developed and supported by individuals with diverse life experiences, whose understanding of social and cultural issues can help make our work and workforce more inclusive. We encourage people of all racial, economic, social, cultural, sexual orientation, and gender expressions to apply.
Resolve to Save Lives (RTSL) seeks qualified candidates for Director of Finance. Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Director of Finance will be responsible for overseeing the fiscal and fiduciary responsibilities for the organization in partnership with the Board of Directors and Senior Management Team. S/he will have experience in leadership and managing the finance functions for a global nonprofit organization. After four years of rapid expansion, Resolve to Save Lives has announced plans to become a fully independent, U.S.-based and registered nonprofit organization by June 2022. The ideal candidate will have experience with establishing the financial infrastructure of a new entity and an eagerness to build a strong financial team. This full-time position is currently remote with plans to be partially remote/partially based in New York City beginning in January 2022. This position requires some international travel.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead formalizing and building RTSL’s global finance department, starting with the transition phase
- Procure and manage necessary finance infrastructure to meet the needs of the new entity, including integration and change management of new tools and systems
- Spearhead budgetary planning and cost management in alignment with RTSL’s strategic goals and in coordination with program leadership
- Develop tools and systems to provide critical financial and operational information to the organization and make actionable recommendations on both strategy and operations
- Establish benchmarks for financial performance and participate in the ongoing strategic planning process as a member of the Senior Management Team
Financial and Operational Management
- Oversee and ensure best practices for internal controls for global financial management, including all accounts, reporting systems, budgeting and forecasting, and procurement, in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Establish procedures and policies for daily financial operations, use of funds, risk management, and payroll, including the selection of systems and software
- Prepare timely and accurate financial statements, cash flows, and analysis for internal and external audiences on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis; build transparency of RTSL’s financial health and present on the organization's financial health to the Senior Management Team and Board of Directors
- Partner with Business Development to support RTSL’s fundraising strategy, oversee grant compliance and reporting to donors; maintain excellent external relationships with donors, partners, and vendor counterparts
- Manage all financial regulatory compliance, including annual audit process and tax filing requirements; implement post-audit recommendations on a timely basis
- Collaborate with Operations and IT departments on strategy and best practices to optimize financial and operational integrity and compliance
Team Structure and Management
- Determine staffing needs for new entity; recruit and manage team of finance professionals to support the transition phase and continued growth of the organization
- Mentor and develop direct team to build an effective team dynamic; manage work allocation, training, and performance measurement goals and evaluation
- Guide cross-functional teams outside of direct span of control within the organization
Required Experience and Skills
- Masters degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
- Seasoned leader with at least 15 years of experience in financial management, with a minimum of five years experience with a global non-profit organization with an annual budget of at least $10 million
- Demonstrable passion for RTSL’s mission; a strong, hands-on manager with integrity and a desire to work in a dynamic environment
- Data-driven and results-oriented with a commitment to establish and apply best practices; strong analytical skills and experience interpreting a strategic vision into an operational model
- Ability to communicate complex financials to Senior Management Team, Board of Directors, partners, donors, and staff
- Ability to work in partnership with programmatic colleagues who do not necessarily have finance backgrounds
- Proven track record of implementation and management of financial systems and enterprise resource planning systems; experience leveraging technology solutions to maximize effectiveness
- Effective communicator at all levels in the organization, with strong oral, written, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Collaborative and flexible work style, with a strong service mentality
- Experience with operational establishment of a new entity and/or start-up environment
Please submit resume here: https://phg.tbe.taleo.net/phg01/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=VITAS...