EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-Time
REPORTS TO: President and CEO
SALARY: Commensurate with experience
The Arab-American Family Support Center (AAFSC) is a non-profit, non-sectarian organization established in 1994 to provide culturally and linguistically competent, trauma-informed social services. Across our eight locations, we empower immigrants and refugees with the tools they need to successfully acclimate to the world around them and become active participants in the community. While we support anyone, who walks through our doors, over nearly 25 years, we have developed expertise in serving the Arab, Middle Eastern, Muslim, and South Asian (AMEMSA) immigrant and refugee communities.
AAFSC works across four priority areas—Promote, Get Ready, Prevent, and Communicate—to achieve our ultimate goal of strengthening families. AAFSC promotes mental and physical wellbeing, food security, healthy relationships, and family reunification. We get our families ready to succeed, work, and lead productive lives. We prevent domestic violence, child abuse, and neglect by counseling families, offering case management services to victims of violence, and cultivating healthy relationship skills in young people. Finally, AAFSC communicates the needs of the marginalized, amplifying their voices for increased impact.
- Provide strategic management and oversight of calendar and email communications.
- Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks including scheduling an extremely active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; managing contact information; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for meetings.
- Plan and ensure the President and CEO’s schedule is followed and respected.
- Serve as compliance liaison, ensuring proper organizational documents are prepared, completed and organized for agency audits and certification.
- Support Human Resources function by preparing documents as directed, managing the scheduling of interviews, following up with candidates, and coordinating across teams and programs.
- Works closely and effectively with the President and CEO to keep her well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
- Helps build relationships crucial to the success of the organization and works on a variety of special projects for the President and CEO and Chief Operating Officer (COO).
- Complete projects and special assignments with the Executive Team by establishing objectives, determining priorities, managing time, gaining cooperation of others, monitoring progress, problem-solving, adjusting plans, and other tasks as required.
- Prioritize conflicting needs, and handle matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Schedule and coordinate internal meetings, including managing agendas and notes, and following up on deliverables.
- Serve as external agency representative at meetings and events as needed.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience supporting executive-level staff, preferably in a non-profit.
- Impeccable verbal and written communication skills and attention to detail when it comes to editing correspondence, reports, and other documents.
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Superb professionalism and ability to work under pressure while maintaining an open heart and a sense of humor.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, extremely organized, and a pro at multitasking.
- Excellent customer service skills including the ability to build relationships among internal and external stakeholders and handle matters in a professional, courteous, and friendly manner.
- Possess decision-making skills that are effective, efficient, and correct.
- Maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive information with discretion.
- Ambitious and driven to excel with an interest in gaining knowledge about non-profit management.
- U.S. Work Authorization required.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals with the above stated skills set are encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit a resume, cover letter outlining your fit for this position, and a list of three references (not family members) to [email protected].
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals are encouraged to apply.