The Volcker Alliance is seeking a full-time Program Associate to start in the winter of 2021/2022. The position will be based in New York City. The right person for this role will be a curious, critical thinker who is passionate about public service and making a difference in the world.
The Program Associate will play a key role in helping the Alliance advance its mission and vision and will work closely with internal teams as well as external stakeholders. The Program Associate will:
- Assist with project management and coordinate efforts with external partners to advance programmatic efforts;
- Draft and finalize documents in support of programmatic work, including meeting agendas and notes, presentations, speeches and talking points, reports, and email correspondence;
- Coordinate and facilitate meetings, workshops, conference calls, video conferences, or other special events, including preparation and/or distribution of materials and documentation;
- Conduct research in support of programmatic efforts;
- Assist with contract and grants management;
- Draft original written content for our website, blogs, reports, and other outlets;
- Represent the Volcker Alliance at conferences, meetings, and workshops; and
- Work closely with our hard-working team to develop and execute organizational strategy, taking on a range of tasks as directed.
The Volcker Alliance seeks energetic and engaged applicants. Key qualifications include:
- A passion for the Volcker Alliance’s mission, and eagerness to learn more about effective governance and public service;
- An undergraduate degree, graduate degree a plus;
- Three to five years of work experience, government work experience a plus;
- Outstanding written, verbal, and interpersonal skills;
- Flexible self-starter and critical thinker who is comfortable trying new things and building new skills;
- Comfort working independently as well as in teams;
- Highly organized, with a disciplined work ethic;
- Deft proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and emerging technological platforms;
- Knowledge of public budgeting and finance a plus;
- Experience with database and/or survey management preferred; and
- Highly motivated to have an impact and make change.
The Alliance offers a comprehensive benefits package with a strong work life balance. The Alliance is committed to providing the Program Associate with a range of opportunities to hone professional skills and explore career interests. The position is office-based in NYC, but applicants should be willing to work virtually depending on the timing of the hire and the progress of the pandemic.
Please submit a cover letter and résumé by email to [email protected], indicating the position “Program Associate” in the email subject line and where you heard about the position announcement in the email body.
No calls please.