160 Fifth Avenue
The Systems Administrator will support the implementation and ongoing maintenance of the SmartSimple software platform, Simons Award Manager (SAM), to replace the foundation's current grant management system, proposalCENTRAL. The System Administrator manages user accounts, permissions, access rights and supports the Systems Manager in system maintenance and configuration. They offer technical support and troubleshoot problems related to SmartSimple. They also manage the development and implementation of WalkMe solutions.
- Creatively problem-solves and collaborates with implementation team and vendors.
- Finds opportunities to optimize and streamline the user experience.
- Completes rigorous testing of the system, documents bugs and workflow impediments, and troubleshoots methods for improving system operation.
- Develops, codes, implements and tests WalkMe, including, but not limited to:
- Writes jQuery selectors to identify elements in the page's HTML structure.
- Selects unique page elements, writes logic rules and creates branched conditions to build WalkMe solutions.
- Creates tracked events and funnels to monitor successful execution of workflows, analyze user engagement and determine drop-off points.
- Provides guidance and assigns tasks to the Project Assistant, as well as supervises the completion of assigned tasks.
- Provides data migration support.
- Assists Systems Manager with database administration, including managing data quality, data retrieval, coding and reporting, particularly with respect to compliance, monitoring and evaluation.
- Reconciles data for accuracy and makes timely database updates for testing.
- Supports Systems Manager with upgrades and rollouts.
- Assists Systems Manager in developing training materials and standard operating procedures.
- Creates and maintains electronic manuals and training videos.
- Conducts internal and external user training workshops and webinars for the deployment and ongoing use of SAM.
- Provides customer service support and troubleshooting assistance for internal and external system users.
- Supports the Systems Manager with configuring system updates, including, but not limited to:
- Updates fields, portals and features in SmartSimple by applying permissions, visibility conditions and ssLogic to dictate the visibility of fields and information based on the type of user, object status and award type.
- Creates and modifies list views and list view filters to accurately display relevant information to specific users types.
- Bachelor's degree
- 3+ years of grants management experience preferred
- Knowledge of proposalCENTRAL and/or SmartSimple award management system a plus
- Knowledge of WalkMe required
- Knowledge of product and software development techniques and agile methodologies a strong bonus
Related Skills & Other Requirements
- Exceptional Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to proactively anticipate needs
- Superb interpersonal skills - must be able to work well with and adapt to diverse personalities and communications styles
- Ability to complete multiple tasks with competing deadlines and priorities
- Remarkable attention to detail and task follow-through
- Team player with respect for others and ability to work independently
- Interest in new technologies and new media
- Enthusiasm for and the ability to easily adapt to change
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS
- Please submit a resume and cover letter stating your interest in the position.
The Simons Foundation's Diversity Commitment
Many of the greatest ideas and discoveries come from a diverse mix of minds, backgrounds and experiences, and we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment. The Simons Foundation actively seeks a diverse applicant pool and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply. We provide equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic disposition, neurodiversity, disability, veteran status or any other protected category under federal, state and local law.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/r7RNJlS7J1lkqc2r7ugMA5
Apply Online: https://www.click2apply.net/r7RNJlS7J1lkqc2r7ugMA5