Amnesty International USA (AIUSA) is seeking a Full-Time Specialist, Talent and Culture to join our Human Resources team. This position is based at our New York City office.
Working closely with the National Director, the Specialist, Talent and Culture supports AIUSA’s:
- Implement recruitment strategies and organizational branding that enables AIUSA to attract and retain the human resources necessary to meet its objectives.
- Maintain and expand recruitment indicators. Research and develop active and passive recruitment channels including career fairs, open houses, and school and community partnerships.
- Collect and track recruitment metrics.
- Apply AIUSA’s Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accessibility values to all stages of recruitment process.
- Conduct stay and exit interviews.
- Collects and analyzes feedback, track and share metrics and makes recommendations based on interviews.
- Develop and oversee AIUSA’s internship program, ensuring it is a learning-focused opportunity. Interview, screen and place interns in various positions/units. Evaluate intern performance and progress. Conduct exit interviews with interns upon completion of service to determine efficacy and gain feedback.
- Identify additional learning/development opportunities for interns. Supports tracking and assessment of professional development.
- Support the AIUSA’s employee experience program, including supporting logistics of trainings, onboarding, new hire days and orientations.
- Oversees and monitors the Introductory period evaluation process, ensuring managers are compliant in submitting evaluations for all employees.
- Serve as an AIUSA culture advocate in working with the organization's staff.
- Support employee-based surveys, including implementations based on results.
- Maintain current and accurate position descriptions for all AIUSA employees.
- Organize refreshments for departmental events, such as orientations, trainings and open enrollment meetings.
- In collaboration with the National Director, assess and evolve current systems and processes to enhance efficiencies in the HR department.
- Participate in developing department goals, objectives and systems.
- The role would also perform other duties, as assigned.
- Demonstrated commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Accessibility
- Substantial technical knowledge of area of work
- Nonprofit experience preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship skills, including the ability to interact with all levels inside and outside of the organization in an ethical, discrete and confidential manner
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Diplomatic skills to obtain trust and cooperation in order to resolve problems, manage projects or achieve appropriate solutions
- Sincere commitment to work collaboratively with all constituent groups, including staff, board members, volunteers, donors, program participants, and other supporters
- Ability to handle a variety of key initiatives concurrently
- Ability to adapt to new computer/database systems, as needed