NRDC is seeking a Social Media Intern to work with the Social Media team in our New York office. The internship is paid, Full Time (35 hrs/wk) and begins May 1, 2019 and ends August 31, 2019.
(If applicable NRDC seeks candidates who are eligible for academic credit, or outside funding such as law school work-study or postgraduate fellowship funding, to support their externship work. NRDC will work with successful candidates to complete any paperwork necessary to help secure available credit or funding.
- Help create content for NRDC’s Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn accounts
- Work with colleagues to develop and execute strategies for promotion and awareness of major reports, court decisions, and other public education and engagement opportunities
- Provide support for live events and public interaction via social streams, such as Instagram Live, Facebook Live, Reddit AMAs or Snapchat and Instagram Stories
- Help with some data collection to measure content performance on social media accounts
- Work with our community manager to provide community management and audience engagement
- Possible work on GIF creation and GIPHY Stories.
- Excellent writing skills, strong critical thinking skills and good judgment
- Solid understanding of social media as an industry or signifant experience with personal use
- Preferably an interest in working in social media or communications professionally
- Basic understanding of environmental issues and political advocacy