The Senior Business Analyst is accountable for the success of key strategic foundational technology initiatives focused on IT infrastructure, IT security, and IT organizational support, specifically user management, authentication and provisioning, and IT service management. The ideal candidate will possess expert understanding of non-profit organizations, business analysis, software development, and mastery of enterprise technology systems.
The Senior Business Analyst reports to the Senior Managing Director, IT Business Analysis.
- Serve as a lead business analyst responsible for core IT services and supports provided across the organization, forming and monitoring high-level strategy, becoming a subject matter expert and serving as the trusted lead on IT for this domain. (50%)
- Collaborate with the Talent & Operations teams (HA, Finance, Legal, IT) to facilitate, develop, and improve team and enterprise-level processes supported by technology while establishing shared understandings about the benefits and costs of potential solutions for those processes. (20%)
- Work with partner team stakeholders, other business analysts, UX team members, project managers, application developers, and quality assurance engineers to define business user needs, pain points, and opportunities. Elicit requirements and participate in the design, testing, and implementation of solutions that support, or create new value for, business user operations. (20%)
- Manage a Business Analyst to develop and succeed in major technology initiatives in this domain. (10%)
- 8 years of relevant job experience required, with at least 1-2 years experience in partnering with stakeholders and working with technology systems strongly preferred
- Proven track record of coaching and managing junior staff to successful outcomes
- Our environment includes Active Directory, Okta, and Service Now. Prior experience with these or similar applications and tools is required.
- Mastery of the discipline of business analysis, including but not limited to elicitation, requirements management and communication, enterprise analysis, requirements analysis, and solution assessment and validation
- Advanced user of Microsoft Excel (e.g. pivot tables, vlookups)
- An internal consultant mindset: able to structure problems independently; cut to the heart of complex topics; identify tactical solutions; find connections across disparate themes
- Able to manage multiple projects and tasks concurrently and prioritize effectively in a fast-paced work environment where business needs are always evolving
- Able to make timely decisions and demonstrate good judgment
- Operates with an openness and interest in understanding the perspective and needs of others as you strive to become a technical advisor to the business users you support
- Some weekend and evening work required for monthly maintenance and some project-based work
- Limited travel, 1-2 times per year