NRDC is seeking a Summer Photography Intern to work with the Multimedia team in our New York office. The position is a paid internship five days per week from May 27 – August 16 (total 35 hours per week).
If applicable, NRDC seeks candidates who are eligible for academic credit or outside funding such as law school work-study or postgraduate fellowship funding to support their externship work. NRDC will work with successful candidates to complete any paperwork necessary to help secure available credit or funding.
- Ingesting, tracking, scanning, imbedding metadata, and archiving historical NRDC photographs and documents that will be used in materials created for NRDC’s 50thAnniversary
- Uploading and keywording images into the Digital Asset Management (DAM) system
- Research and select stock photography for various editorial, fundraising, and social projects
- Assist the video editors to research and select stock footage
- Create social graphics using Photoshop
- Knowledge/experience with Photoshop required
- Background in photography required
- Must be able to work nimbly on a volume of projects
- Strong visual and written skills
- DAM experience preferred
- Organized self-starter but able to work in a collaborative team environment
- Have a firm understanding of how photography works with typography, layout, and design in print, digital, and social platforms