Position: Part-Time Talent Recruiter
Type: Part-Time Consultant (8-12 hours per week)
OVERVIEW OF NXU
The Short Version: At nXu, we believe that it's not enough to teach kids academic skills; We owe it to them to help them identify and pursue their purpose in the world. We work with K-12 educators to support their work in developing their students' sense of purpose. We also work directly with high school and college students to articulate their purpose and map the path they will take to live their lives with purpose.
The Long Version: nXu is a national non-profit organization whose mission is to catalyze and equip youth and adults to explore, articulate, and pursue their purpose by developing social and emotional learning skills. Overseen by nationally recognized educators including the co-founders of Transcend Education, we have developed a research & evidence-based purpose development methodology, curriculum, and program model that can be deployed in-person, online, and on a blended basis. We offer a training program as well as a purpose development curriculum to schools, and we also directly implement programming both online and in person with students both in school and out of school.
OVERVIEW OF ROLE
We’re looking for a Part-Time Talent Recruiter to support the growth of our team. This individual will support nXu by sourcing, screening, interviewing, recommending, and cultivating candidates through the application process. The person will also work closely with the nXu team to refine existing application systems and processes to ensure diversity and equity. The right person for this job is organized, outgoing, persistent, and flexible. They would be available to complete the majority of their nXu work according to their schedule, so long as said schedule will allow for the majority of candidates to connect with the recruiter during a typical shift.
This is a fast-paced, part-time and virtual role. The point of contact for this person is Cat Lum, nXu’s Director of Programs. This person will also work closely with Yutaka Tamura, Executive Director of nXu, and Jabali Sawicki, Compass Director at nXu.
- Design and execute strategies for identifying, connecting with, and engaging mission-aligned candidates, ensuring that they are motivated to apply for relevant openings.
- Post and manage nXu job openings focused on generating a diverse pool of candidates.
- Screening Candidates:
- Identify candidates to screen.
- Coordinate aspects of the application process, including but not limited to evaluating performance tasks, maintaining ongoing communication with candidates, issuing decisions, and scheduling interviews.
- Cultivating Candidates:
- Maintain ongoing communication with applicants throughout the process, ensuring that all applicants’ experiences with nXu are positive, professional, and engaging.
- Ensure candidates’ enthusiasm is maintained and/ or developed throughout the application process, such that they are more likely to accept opportunities later in their process than they would be when they first learned of the roles.
- Additional Support:
- Support the nXu team in additional areas of the recruiting process as needed.
The right candidate for this position must possess the following skills, traits, and experiences:
- A belief in nXu’s mission and a passion for helping young people and professionals explore, articulate and pursue their purpose in life;
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Experience using Google Docs, Google Sheets, and Google Slides;
- Strong organization, written, and verbal communication skills, combined with a passion for meeting and engaging with people across lines of difference;
- Commitment to approaching the recruitment process through a lens of diversity, equity, and inclusion;
- Self-directed and comfortable working with a remote team, often independently;
- A strong attention to detail;
- The ability to manage multiple priorities at one time;
- The willingness to share feedback and reflections with peers and nXu leadership directly and in a way that can support shared resolution.
- The ability to receive and implement feedback and coaching;
- Comfort in working with a remote team, often independently
- At least two years of professional experience, ideally in education and/ or recruitment; and
- Current authorization to work in the United States secured by the first day of employment.
Interested applicants should apply at the website below.