Position: Part-Time Operations Coordinator (Contractor)
Location: Virtual (100% remote)
Type: 5-10 hours per week on an ad hoc basis
OVERVIEW OF NXU
The Short Version: At nXu, we believe that it's not enough to teach kids academic skills; We owe it to them to help them identify and pursue their purpose in the world. We work with K-12 educators to support their work in developing their students' sense of purpose. We also work directly with high school and college students to articulate their purpose and map the path they will take to live their lives with purpose.
The Long Version: nXu is a national non-profit organization whose mission is to catalyze and equip youth and adults to explore, articulate, and pursue their purpose by developing social and emotional learning skills. Overseen by nationally recognized educators including the co-founders of Transcend Education, we have developed a research & evidence-based purpose development methodology, curriculum, and program model that can be deployed in-person, online, and on a blended basis. We offer a training program as well as a purpose development curriculum to schools, and we also directly implement programming both online and in person with students both in school and out of school.
OVERVIEW OF ROLE
We’re looking for a Part-Time Operations Coordinator to provide ongoing operational support for our live programming, organizational capacity building, and systems leadership. The Operations Coordinator will lead strategic operations initiatives for the organization, including data analysis, systems integration, and strategic planning. The Operations Coordinator will also provide essential operational support for participants, presenters, and partner organizations before, during, and after programming. This teammate will have a commitment to providing inclusive and people-centered customer service and a thorough attention to detail. Ideally, they have had experience coordinating events (virtual and/ or in person). This teammate will name problems when they see them and will work to identify solutions that meet the needs of nXu. Ideally, they will also be able to look ahead to future programming and identify and meet needs.
This is a fast-paced and virtual role. This person will report to Cat Lum, nXu’s Director of Programs and will work closely with Yutaka Tamura, Executive Director of nXu, and Jabali Sawicki, Compass Director at nXu.
Programming Operations & Logistics: Support youth, educator, and professional programming to ensure a smooth and effective experience for participants.
- Manage enrollment and application systems, survey responses, and internal programming materials.
- Run operations for sessions (breakout groups, participant management) using Zoom and Nearpod.
- Solve any logistical problems during the session, ensuring participants’ needs are met and are being promptly and effectively addressed.
- Community Building: Develop, support, and maintain a cohesive, inclusive culture with participants in nXu programming.
- Ensure high school students and/ or educators are welcomed and consistently supported throughout their programming experience, including all interactions before programming begins, throughout actual programming, and during follow-up.
- Additional Support: Support the nXu team in additional areas of the program operations process as needed.
The right candidate for this position must possess the following skills, traits, and experiences:
- A belief in nXu’s mission and a passion for helping young people and professionals explore, articulate and pursue their purpose in life;
- Strong Interpersonal and verbal communication skills, with the ability to connect with young people who identify as people of color;
- Experience using Google Docs, Google Sheets, and Google Slides;
- Self-directed and comfortable working with a remote team, often independently;
- A strong attention to detail;
- The ability to manage multiple priorities at one time;
- The willingness to share feedback and reflections with peers and nXu leadership directly and in a way that can support shared resolution;
- The ability to receive and implement feedback and coaching;
- Comfort in working with a remote team, often independently;
- At least two years of college coursework; and
- Current authorization to work in the United States secured by the first day of employment.
Ideally, the right candidate for this position would also possess the following skills, traits, and experiences:
- Experience managing Zoom operations (breakout rooms, meeting registrations, etc.) for groups of 50 people or more;
- Entrepreneurial spirit and an ability to ensure a meaningful experience for all participants; and
- Two years of experience in working in operations
nXu offers competitive compensation for this consulting role.
nXu provides equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees.
Interested applicants should apply at the website below.